After many months of waiting for Luke's official headstone, well, actually ours too....it was finally put in. I really don't know what the hold up was, but it is nice to have somewhere that we can put flowers and the boys can see Luke's picture and recognize it. We chose to put the Portland temple on the left since that is where Doug and I were sealed and the scripture Moroni 8:17, "And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation", on the right since we really like it and thought it fit perfectly. The writing is a little smaller than we expected though, so it makes it harder to read, but oh well. "The crown without the conflict" is written right under little Lukey's picture. The boys are still collecting pine cones every time we take them, it is such a sweet gesture and I know Luke is smiling down on them as they do it. Most of the flowers in the cemetery are fake, but they look beautiful. It really is such a peaceful quiet place. I love my Luke and I miss him.
Friday, July 29, 2011
After many months of waiting for Luke's official headstone, well, actually ours too....it was finally put in. I really don't know what the hold up was, but it is nice to have somewhere that we can put flowers and the boys can see Luke's picture and recognize it. We chose to put the Portland temple on the left since that is where Doug and I were sealed and the scripture Moroni 8:17, "And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and partakers of salvation", on the right since we really like it and thought it fit perfectly. The writing is a little smaller than we expected though, so it makes it harder to read, but oh well. "The crown without the conflict" is written right under little Lukey's picture. The boys are still collecting pine cones every time we take them, it is such a sweet gesture and I know Luke is smiling down on them as they do it. Most of the flowers in the cemetery are fake, but they look beautiful. It really is such a peaceful quiet place. I love my Luke and I miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment