Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just in the last week...

A certain child of mine has managed to do some damage!  Just this week alone he has flooded a part of the backyard with the hose (the exact part that Doug is trying to keep water out of), climbed up our cabinets in the basement and shredded the wood of one of the cabinets, dumped an almost entire bag of Veggie straws from Costco in the minivan, completely flooded my bathroom within 2 minutes...and I'm serious, and shattered my only bottle of spaghetti sauce right when I was about to add it!  I will have you know my whole meal was completely ready except for that part, so I was a little irritated to say the least!  
I know he is only 2, but really?  You can't turn your back for a second!!  
 Here he is with a whole container of frosting that he decided he wanted for a mid-morning snack!
He doesn't take naps anymore unless he falls asleep in the car, but I have found him on a couple of occasions crashed out on the floor.  Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine this happening!:)  And it has happened twice!  He has actually started to watch some TV and I have no problem letting him!  I feel like he needs to catch up on all those lost hours of movie/TV time anyways!:)  I never thought that was going to happen either!
 He sure does keep us on our toes!  We never know what we are going to get with our Mikey!  
 He is talking a lot more these days and it is hilarious!  Today at the zoo I asked him if he could twist his ears like the hippos and he looked and me and said "No Mom....I don't do that...I not a hippo!"
So mischievous yet so cute!  It is now also routine for him to do eni mini miny mo before we say the prayer for any meal.  If it isn't his turn he riggs his ryhme to pick whoevers turn it is!
Gotta love our Mikey!  He always keeps it interesting! 

2 comments:

liz said...

He is so stinking cute! Sylvia is turning for the getting into trouble side of things lately just when we thought we were safe with a girl! lol

Hey you know I always have an extra jar of sauce I could run over- it would have made me so happy to run a jar over! Any time!

Miller time said...

HAHAH. I just laughed out loud because I thought I was reading about my 2 year old. I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a wild child. They really don't stop!!!!