Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

4th of July morning we headed over to Mesquite Pool....seriously a five minute drive from our house and  worth every penny of the $1.50 entrance fee!  Doug loves the place because it reminds him of growing up.  I guess there was a city pool that they would frequently go to in Farmington.  So cheap and so fun!  It wasn't even too crowded so we spent a good three hours there.  The boys love the place.  Wave pool...two big water slides, awesome kiddie pool...lap pool...splash pad and two big diving boards.  The diving boards have been their newest favorite attraction, and their swimming is definitely improving because they are diving into a 12 foot pool with no one there to help them!  

Doug was sporting the dumb and dumber look with his flat hair in these pictures!:)  Mikey loves to jump in the deep pool(of course) and they won't allow floaties so he has to put his life jacket on for that.


The Laytons joined us for a 4th of July BBQ that afternoon!  We had a great time visiting and just relaxing.  Although, for some reason the Layton boys all seemed to need a little space from each other because they were all doing their own in thing in their own respective place....
Parker in the casita watching the baseball game...
Carter outside watching the SAME baseball game...
Austin in the basement watching some Disney show...
And Riley in the office enjoying the Ipad all to himself!
Little Chloe was as sweet and content as ever!  Emily...where is her Red, White and Blue????


And of course these kiddos were having a blast getting wet and messy outside!!  They were so happy!  They did water balloons, ate ice cream sandwiches, and they are constantly playing house and with Emma the Mom it keeps them occupied for a very long time!:)
Mikey just kept wanting to bite the balloons so they would pop in his face!
And Jake must have been rather thirsty!
Emily and I made sure the inside of the house stayed cool:) while most everyone else was outside.
And here is my main man on this very patriotic day!
I guess I didn't do a very good job at applying the sunscreen under the boys eyes because they are all pink.  Isn't that what summer is all about though?...the sunkissed look?:)
What am I going to do with him??
We didn't venture out to any big show although there were two or three big ones pretty close.  Doug just bought some fireworks and we did them up the street in an empty park.  You could see the big shows from our house anyway, so everything worked out!  No complaints here!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's a funny post of my boys. I am glad you caught them all in their "own" locations! And as for Chloe and her color of choice, I probably just found something that fit her and went together. Her outfits seem to be pieced together these days with whatever I have that "goes together". :) Thanks for having us over. It was lots of fun!!