Sunday, June 26, 2011

Silliness

This little stinker gave his first talk in Primary today.  It was about the Holy Ghost.  I tried to prepare him as well as I could.  We went over it and he repeated everything after me, and I had really high hopes.  But I knew he was going to be shy.  I didn't know his shyness was going to turn into acting completely ridiculous by doing silly faces and laughing because he was so nervous.  He didn't say one word.  I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.  I guess I just had high hopes for him to actually repeat after me or just act shy...really shy.  But then Doug reminded me that his first primary talk all he did was lick the microphone and that explained everything.  Like Father like son....he just wanted a laugh.  
While we were eating dinner I asked Jake why he acted so crazy.  All he said was,
"Mom...I just wanted to show them my silliness!" 
Of course:)!

9 comments:

Erin said...

The first talks are horrible. Taytum, Price, and Nash all have been shy and stubborn! Good thing they grow out of it.
P.S. Licking the microphone? Only Doug.

Jim Cardon said...

That is so funny! I miss him!

Heather said...

BEST.TALK.EVER. Our ward doesn't even let the sunbeams give talks...probably for this very reason! I hope you guys are enjoying the summer and staying as cool!
Love you!

Becky Garcia said...

I'm crying laughing about licking the microphone. Oh those first talks are rough! After assuring me he was fine on his own, Aaron gave an opening prayer yesterday that went exactly like this, "Heavenly Father...what's next?"

Emily said...

We still have issues with Emma giving a talk, prayer or anything for that matter. One day she will do it willingly and I won't be having one of the brothers do it as back up. I mean she is only down to Austin in Jr. Sharing time with her. He won't be in there forever!

Unknown said...

So cute. I love your boys, they sound precious. I've had to give a few primary talks as well. My girls always volunteer...then chicken out. I don't think they quite understand that they're volunteering for these things....tricky primary workers ;)

Kandace Lewis said...

Licking the microphone. That's hilarious.

Wilder Family said...

look at that face and those dimples...he's just too cute. I love the story of Doug licking the microphone.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Sara, I just found your blog. I can't stop crying reading your posts about the loss of your sweet little baby Luke. I cannot even fathom what it would be like to go through something like that. I don't know how anyone could live without the Gospel and knowing about the plan of salvation. I think you are incredible. Hang in there. Hugs.

Love,

Erin Larsen