Friday, June 17, 2011

Denver

The day after preschool was out Doug had to be in Denver and I immediately jumped on board that trip! We left late Wednesday night and our flight was delayed due to all the tornados in the midwest....so we didn't even get to Denver until around 1am.  The boys did great on the flight seeing that I completely spaced bringing ANYTHING!  That's right....me...the known flier with multiple children by myself and I didn't bring a thing for them to do. I didn't even have water or one snack. Very out of character...but whatever....it happens.  For my sake, I had had a long day.  So when we got on the plane and Tanner said "Mom, what do you have for us to do?", I responded with..."Sorry bud, I didn't bring anything so you may want to just go to sleep!".  I know, lame.  Tanner and Jake actually did just that and went to sleep, but Mikey on the other hand did not.  I think our phones kept him entertained for the most part because I don't remember him causing a major scene...which is rare in his case. But I couldn't believe he wasn't going to crash.  And he never did until he was strapped in his carseat in the rental car for the hour long drive to Mammy and Papas! We were so excited to get there!  Mammy called the week before and asked me to ask the boys what is one thing that you want to eat at Mammys.  Here were there responses:

Tanner:  Popsicles-the star ones that she always has(ummm-okay-don't know what those are)
Jake:  Breadsticks with red sauce(thought this was completely random and funny)
Mikey:  Wucky Charms(because he can eat every marshmallow out of the box)

  Doug worked at the Denver office until Saturday and then Sunday night he flew out to Atlanta and Virginia Beach and I stayed in Denver for another week!  We had great weather and we did tons of fun things with the boys and relaxed.  It was great!  Doug came back the following Saturday morning and we flew out that same night to make it back for our 8:30 church on Sunday.  
We always love the chance to head to Littleton!

Every time we walked out the front door towards the car you could always find Tanner climbing in Mammy and Papa's tree!   And Jake just waiting to load up!


 We played at our favorite parks with all the cousins(well, not all, but a lot of them)....




We had mini fireworks shows thanks to Papa...or to the boys for finding the fireworks in the shed:)... 


Played outside for endless summer hours... 



Went to Red Rocks and had a picnic in the bleachers where we were lucky enough to hear the Disco Biscuits warm up!:)...




And we laughed.... A LOT!  




The perfect start to our summer!

8 comments:

mel said...

Cute, cute, cute! I can just hear those boys laughing right now. makes me smile :)

Charlie and Ryan said...

We need to coordinate our trips, I hate missing out AND I can see that we missed out!

niki said...

so fun. love those cute boys. that last pic is my fav.

Jim Cardon said...

It WAS a perfect way to start Summer. I can't wait for the day that we don't have to say goodbye.

Jim Cardon said...

HA that is ME Sara not Dad.

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

I am glad you got to have such a fun getaway :) Family vacays are the best

Cassie said...

what a darling pic of all them laying down on the grass! Family is the best! Glad you guys could go on a mini vacation!

Mandy said...

those feet are so adorable!!! I think of you and your sweet family all the time...hope you are doing well. Love you!