Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Father & Sons Campout

A couple of weekends ago Doug was able to make it home early from being out of town all week to take the boys on their first official Father & Sons campout!  Oh boy were they excited!  They talked about it constantly all week long while Doug was out of town and when the day finally came they were so hyper and anxious that we(mostly meaning I) were all ready for them to get on their way!  

These boys love their Dad to pieces and will drop anything they are doing to be right by his side!  Of course I have no proof that Doug was actually on this campout because he is not in any of the pictures, but he did get some good video footage of the boys and a couple cute shots.  So I am happy with that.  

They had the time of their lives!  Sleeping in a tent, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, going on a hike, and just being outside and dirty!  They were in hog heaven!:)  Me on the other hand headed out to spend the night with Kelsey....and Spencer:)....in Peoria.  We ran some errands, had a BBQ with some friends of theirs that were leaving for the summer, made Pioneer Womans "Knock you Naked Brownies", and most importantly organized soon to be Baby Colby's new room!  Saturday morning we headed out early to hit up multiple garage sales and that we did!  Now I just can't wait to meet that baby when he finally decides he wants to come out!




3 comments:

mel said...

Wow! They look so big with their heads buzzed! Such cute boys!!!!

Emily said...

Woot woot for father and sons campouts! They should happen more often and last a couple of days. (:

Kelsey said...

That last pic is awesome! Where is the rest of the ward?! haha Such cute boys... I bet they had the best time!