Most everyone knows that Doug travels ALOT with work....pretty much year round. There are busier times and less busy times, but he still travels. The sad thing is is that I was used to it. We never liked it...but we got used to it because this is his job. And I was fine. After I lost Luke I could not bear the thought of Doug going out of town or leaving anywhere for that matter. It terrified me. I am pretty sure it was the thought of something terrible happening again and him not being there. As well as my mind wandering and replaying everything over and over. I have had a hard time sleeping and having him right next to me is sometimes the only thing that helps. There were trips that he switched around or that he cancelled because I wasn't ready for it yet. Thank heavens he does the work that he does and works with the amazing people that he does because there is no way that he would have been able to do that and stay with me if he were working for someone else(or not himself for that matter). We really have been blessed in that regard and I am BEYOND grateful. But there came a time when he had to go and as much as I didn't want it to happen....it had to. The following picture is what happens when he is away because without Doug and without Luke I just cannot sleep....at least right now....and I am not comforted without at least one of my boys next to me in my bed. Which I will have you know is quite opposite of what was happening five months ago. They all start in their own beds, but I will stay awake in my bed until one of them walks in and gets cozy. And for now...that is how we will deal with nights when Daddy is away. Because that brings me some amount of comfort.

17 comments:
They love their mama! I would stroll in there too if I got to sleep on that bed every night :) I'm sure they sleep easier in there with you also... love you guys
my heart just melted into a puddle of goo. such sweet faces, all of you. You're amazing Sara.
i wish that doug didnt have to leave you so often. im sure it cant be easy. but i must say that is the cutest picture i think i have ever seen.
That is the absolute sweetest picture I've ever seen. So beautiful.
They love you so much! I'm so glad they have you and you have them. What a cute picture! Love and miss you guys!
Great picture.
LOVE that picture. It is priceless!
so sweet, love those sweet boys.
Both of those pictures are PRICELESS! You're such an amazing mom.
What a fun picture to have and I love how Tanner is snuggling with Jake! :) We love you guys and can't wait to see you all!
This picture made me smile and tear up all at the same time. Love these boys and love you!
I'm surprised Jake isn't wrapped in your hair...he is in prime location for that. It doesn't matter where Mikey is, he is always sticking his bum out somehow, someway, and Tanner...when did he turn into a teenager??? Man, it's only been a couple of months but he is getting tall!! Love that you wrote this all down. They need their Mama, 24/7, and we all need you too. :)
what a sweet picture. I love it :)
Sara you are so stinkin cute. I love these pictures.
This post melts my heart. You are amazing Sara. The picture of you & your boys snoozing together is beautiful.
you are the BEST mother! Such a cute cute picture, those boys are so lucky to have you!
This is such a sweet moment. I love that you were able to get a picture of it.
Post a Comment