The day after the 4th Doug had to head to California for work. He asked if I just wanted to come with him and after looking at my calendar and seeing that the $2 movie was the only thing on there for the week, I instantly said yes! We left Tuesday morning and drove right to Aunt Anitas where we got to visit with our California family that we don't get to see very often! I barely saw the boys from the minute we got there. Julia and Lexi are the best babysitters ever! They kept them completely entertained with water balloons...baseball...and some other fun games! Such cute girls those two are! We made tacos and enjoyed catching up with Wendy, Jodi, and Anita! Mike and Dominic were able to pop in for a bit between football and baseball practice and it was great to see them! I don't think Doug had ever met Mike before so it was nice to have them get to know each other a bit. Zach came out periodically for food....he is a computer genius and loves to be glued to that thing!:) He did teach Tanner and Jake how to play chess later on in the evening...pretty cute. We had smores and got the boys in their pj's to head to Corona. It was great to see all the Chalmers and hopefully we can meet up again when we head back in October!
The rest of the week was spent hanging out with Jenny and her boys! Jenny came and stayed with me a couple months ago while Doug was out of town and we had a blast! I seriously have some great friends! Who would drive 6 hours pregnant with twins to stay with me so I don't have to be by myself while Doug is out of town. Seriously!? I love her and am so excited for Mike and her to have these baby girls! Anyways, we pretty much lived it up while we were there...swimming, trips to Ross, Newport beach, out to ice cream, Old Navy, more swimming, constant break ups between Crew and Mikey(pretty much a love/hate relationship...well, I haven't actually ever seen the love:)ha!) late late nights waiting for Daddy to come back to the hotel (which really was the only time we saw him), and we even did Legoland with Jenny, the boys and Mike's parents who came into town for a visit! It was a way better week than originally planned and Jenny and I lucked out because we didn't think we would see each other again for a while!!
Can't wait to head back to Newport in the Fall! This time we may try Sea World!!





5 comments:
That definitely beats the $2 movie! We DO need to plan a get together, we miss our Cardons! And, I missed Doug on his trip out, so I didn't even get to soak up a connection to you ;) Beam me there now!
that sounds/ looks like such a fun week! WAAAAAAY better than a boring ol movie!
Ah I need to come see you! Next week for sure... count on it!
Brynnly ALWAYS ask if she can go visit her friend Tanner in Arizona!! (she doesnt get the fact that she lives in AZ too) Your boys are getting so big and just as cute as can be! I think about you lots Sara...we need to plan another get together soon!! Well...maybe once it cools down, or you guys can always plan a trip up to the beautiful Payson!! Their are seriously some fun adventurous stuff to do here...your boys would love it!
What an awesome trip Sara! That sounds like a blast. Your boys are adorable as usual and you are just the most gorgeous mom I've ever seen. Although I think you and Jenny are tied-she is beautiful too and I can't believe she is having twins! How exciting! You'll have to tell her hi-if she remembers me at all-next time you chat. Love ya!
Post a Comment