Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tanner's First Day of Kindergarten and Jake's First Day of Preschool!

To say Tanner was excited to start school is an understatement of the century!  This boy has been talking about going to school since I can remember! Schools here in Chandler are on a modified year round schedule, so he actually missed his first week of school since we were in Utah at our family reunion.  But he jumped right in and it wasn't a problem.  Next year we will plan better and they won't miss their first week of school. His teachers name is Mrs. Moore and we love her so much!  She has been a great teacher for Tanner and he is soaking it all in!  Enrolling Tanner in Kindergarten was nothing like I thought it would be or anything like it was when I was growing up.  There are so many options and school available and so after looking into at least 6 or 7 and enrolling him in all of them, we decided on CTA-Freedom.  It is a little bit of a drive, Higley/Chandler Heights....and there are no buses(which he was really pumped about, but quite frankly I was really nervous about) but I have loved the school and I think it gives Tanner just the push that he needs and loves!  I mean the kid had three years of preschool, so he knew his ABC's.  He does have homework everyday, but we have gotten into the routine of coming home and doing it right away so that he can catch some of his favorite PBS shows before they are over or play with the neighbor kids for a bit.  Now that Tanner was drawn to be enrolled, Jake will be going there next year as well.  It's weird to think that I will have 2 kids gone from
8-3 everyday!
  

 Jake also started his Pre-k preschool class the same day!  I was so excited for Jake to have his own experience when it came to preschool.  He has always been more shy than Tanner and definitely not as talkative and they were in the same preschool class last year which worked out fine, but I was excited to see Jake blossom on his own!  To my surprise he didn't even skip a beat and got right out of the car and headed right in.  Didn't want me to come with him or anythng!  I think it helped that he saw Tanner get out of the car and go straight into Kindergarten like it was no big deal!  He loves preschool and is going to be so ready for Kindergarten next year!  His teachers name is Miss Jenae and she is wonderful!  He is even learning some beginning phonograms and when Tanner is practicing his and Jake chimes in and says one Tanner can't believe that he knows it already!  It is cute and a good confidence booster for this little guy.  He sure is a sweet one!:)  Couple side notes to notice in this picture...Jake has two different socks on and thinks those shoes make him run so fast....so they are always his first pick.  Tanner wearing a belt....that was the first day, he doesn't wear one anymore unless he has to to keep his pants up:)...good thing most of his pants have the adjustable waist so that his pants will stay up!  Skinny boys I tell ya!  
So here is to a busy year of carpooling and living in the mini-van!  Sure glad I love my car because I only see it getting more busy from here on out!:)

No comments: