Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Baby Cardon #5 - 9 Weeks

It's official....9 weeks and baby #5 is well on its way.  I have had a bit of anxiety with this pregnancy.  It took a lot longer to get pregnant than it ever has for me.  Six months to be exact. I know that is not very long at all and that a lot of women have harder times or have to wait longer, but when you are used to getting pregnant at the drop of a dime...or not even knowing that you are pregnant for that matter, six months seems like an eternity!  Especially having lost Luke, I knew that I needed a baby...my baby... to help me heal certain parts of my heartache and not being able to get pregnant was extra heartbreaking and  frustrating for me.  Of course Doug is so faithful and knew that it would happen when the time was right and when it was supposed to happen and I'm so thankful that I have him.  Because he was right...and it did happen.  
This little baby is due at the end of March and it has already been a fairly easy pregnancy just like the other four.  I don't ever get too sick, nauseous on rare rare occassion, but I do get very very tired.  Even at 9 weeks I hit a definite lull in my day where I can't function anymore if I don't sit down or lay down just for a half hour.  It usually hits when I am on my way to pick Tanner up from school and my eyes can barely stay open.  At least the boys don't have a problem letting me lay down for a little bit while they watch a show or play in the backyard.  
I went to my first doctors visit right at 9 weeks.  I was very anxious, very nervous, and I kept questioning a lot of things that I never had before.  I needed to see that baby inside of me and I needed to see and hear that heartbeat to let my mind settle a little bit.  Thank goodness I have an amazing mid-wife, Janice Bovee, who understands and the second I walked into her office she sent me right to the ultrasound tech for an ultrasound.  It was such a relief and very emotional when I saw that little baby inside of me.  The ultrasound technician is in our ward, Cara Germaine, and is wonderful!    She did an ultrasound of Luke a couple weeks before I had him and I'm so grateful that she knows my situation and is sensitive to that because it helps me get a peace of mind with all of this.  We can't wait to welcome this little baby to our family.  I think this pregnancy will go by fast with all the holidays and vacations that will be happening in the next 7 months or so.

3 comments:

The Marshall's said...

We couldn't be happier for your family! that is SO exciting!! Cannot wait to here what you are having!! :)

Cassie said...

Congrats to you guys! That is such exciting and fantastic news! Can't wait to see another Cardon cutie!

Mary said...

Congrats! That's very happy news.