Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Garage Sale Letdown

Doesn't it look like Fall in AZ on our driveway? By the end of our garage sale we had all our leaves swept up and the driveway was looking a lot better...except that more than half of the garage sale items were still there!!!!

That morning was freezing, but Melis had gotten donut holes and Tanner just wanted to hang outside and pop those in his mouth! He was freezing!!!

So New Year's Day we cleaned out the garage and went through all of our storage that we have and decided to get rid of a lot of stuff that we were just moving from place to place for no reason at all. Instead of just taking it straight to Goodwill, we thought that we would have a Garage Sale. Melis and I love to go garage saleing(I don't know if that is a word or not) and were up to the challenge of having our own. Well, let's just say that we will never do it again. We had some pretty good traffic coming through, but we still have a ton of stuff that we are just going to haul away to Goodwill. It definitely wasn't worth the whapping $75 that we made that day and I must say, we have some pretty good junk to get rid of...but apparently no one wanted it!! Oh well at least we can buy a few shirts or something with our earnings!

6 comments:

Karlee said...

That stinks! Sorry about that! Have you ever tried to sell stuff on Craigslist? I finally tried it and actually sold everything that I put on there and made some good cash doing it! Just a suggestion..

Kelsey said...

Holy cow woman you went blog happy! It's really cute!

Cordie said...

I wish so bad I could do a yard sale right now! I usually give it to Deseret Industries but I thought I would try to make a little money so I am just holding on to all my junk and it isn't pretty! I guess I will have to wait until summer!

Aubree said...

Oh how I remember that jacket that Melis is wearing so fondly. Must have been cold that day!

Sanette said...

MAN, I want that stuff!!!! I wish I lived closer. Oh, well.

Love Ya
Sanette

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.