Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our Little Champ!

This last month has been a crazy one.  It is weird that Jake is already 5 months old.  His little personality is definitely starting to come out more.  The last week or so I have been trying my hardest to get him to take a bottle.  With Tanner I always nursed and used bottles and I loved it and with Jake I started out that way and then there was a time when I went too long without doing a bottle and he went on strike!  After that he refused to take a bottle and I didn't know what to do.  Doug and I are going on a cruise at the end of October and we aren't taking the boys, so it was my goal to get Jake to take one.  It wasn't so much that he wouldn't drink formula, he just didn't like the bottle...even if it was my milk.  Long story short...He is a Champ!  It was a long, sometimes frustrating, week...but he did it!! YEAH!  He now takes my milk from a bottle, formula from a bottle, and can nurse!  I love it when they are so versatile!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah Jake! It was a long week! Now can you give your cousin Nash some pointers on how to sleep?

the DeCampos Family said...

Oh you lucky duck. A cruise without kids. I so want to do that. Take lots of picts and post them for us.

The Hillan Family said...

I just love him! He is so juicy!

Melissa said...

Yeah Jakey....can't wait to hang out w/ you soon!! I'm glad you took your bottle bc I look too much like your mom and I just wouldn't be able to give you what you wanted :)