Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Do you like rocks?

This morning I took the boys to the park and when we got home and were walking in the house Tanner found a rock outside.  So when we get inside I lay Jake down on a blanket and go to the sink to wash my hands.  Okay...this is maybe 30 seconds but when I came back to the boys I see Tanner sitting next to Jake on his blanket, Jake wide-eyed and with the rock(a little smaller than a PING PONG BALL)in his MOUTH!!  I couldn't believe it!  Tanner was trying to feed Jake this rock!  I don't think that he was trying to be mean or hurt him and I should be grateful that he wasn't throwing it at him or anything like that, but I had to put him in time-out because I need to make sure that he doesn't think that he can just feed poor Jakey anything!! Tanner is always offering Jake his food and I keep trying to teach him that Jake is too little for food and that he just needs Mommies milk and that he doesn't have teeth like Tanner!  Apparently, it is not quite understood yet.  Poor Jake was helpless and had these puppy dog eyes like..."Mom...could you please give me a hand, I could use some assistance."  It was pretty funny.  
My two lessons learned:
1.Don't let Tanner bring rocks in the house
2.Don't leave the boys for more than 10 seconds...well, I guess just never leave the boys ever!!

No comments: