Tonight while I was cleaning the bathrooms, Mikey randomly woke up and wanted to eat. Doug was not home yet and the house was quiet. I started to nurse Mikey and all of the sudden I hear this huge thud....I think to myself "Oh shoot....Jake or Tanner just fell out of their bed!". This thought was immediately followed by Jake screaming. I could have just put Mikey down at that moment, but he was eating really well and he would have been ticked....so instead I walk from my room into the boys room with Mikey attached and try to console Jake screaming on the floor at the same time. Meanwhile, Tanner shoots up in his bed and starts rambling on about a million words a minute about 100 days or something and I realize he is totally talking in his sleep which he has been doing often....
So there I am trying to nurse, console, and translate all at the same time. All I could do was LAUGH! Oh, motherhood...isn't it just the funniest thing sometimes?
And once again....the house is quiet!:)
9 comments:
Thank you for that! That's pretty much what life as a mother is!
Melis just read this to me while I was on the phone with her...we were dying laughing. So funny!!
Too funny!
thats too funny! you are wonder women!
I'm glad you can laugh about it...otherwise we might have to check you into a mental institution! What else can you do anyway?
ha, I can totaly relate!
Gotta love it. I've been up since 5 with Atticus. Ugh! He just won't go back to sleep so here I am blogging.
I can so see this happening. At least you can laugh about it!
lol....so funny. I was never good at walking and nursing all at once....I can't imagine adding more to that!
Post a Comment