Jake turned 2 today and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Sometimes I hope that I am documenting enough because I feel like time goes so fast that I forget a lot of things that I am sure I want to remember. Or maybe it is just that I lose more and more of my memory with each pregnancy....that is probably it:). Anyways, this kiddo is the best! (the majority of the time). My mom said that since he started his "terrible twos" 6 months early that maybe he will be out of them 6 months early too....at least she is being optimistic!:) He has so many funny little quirky things that he does.
For instance.....he always wants to pick a movie out and put one it, yet he RARELY will sit for longer than 5 minutes to watch what he HAD to have put in. Funny.
This boy can eat! The majority of the time he eats everything on his plate for meals, with some exceptions. He LOVES cold cereal and usually eats at least two, sometimes three bowls in the morning. The strange thing is that he has to have two different kinds in his bowl when he eats it. I think I did this once when one of the boxes were almost empty and for some reason ever since then he has to have it that way.
He LOVES to hang out with his cousins and gets so excited to see them....too bad it will be a while until we see them again, but at least when we see them we will get to see ALL of his cousins on my side of the family at Kelsey's wedding. That will be fun and crazy!
Jake wants to do everything that Tanner is doing and he loves his big brother. It was a happy reunion when he came back from Texas with Doug.
Jake loves to make messes. He always spills his snack out of his bowl just for kicks. I am pretty sure that is one of his favorite things to do in the playroom too...just dump everything out! And here he helped Tanner throw 500 Q-tips all over the closet. I guess that is what happens when they don't have any of their toys to help occupy their time. And leave it to Jake to make a mess out of anything....he always figures out a way!
He still says drink by rolling his tongue and he is getting better and better every day with his words and his speech. He still kind of has his own language though. He loves to sing songs, but can't pronounce words very well so he sings them in his own language but you can tell what they are because you will catch random words here and there and he sings them right on tune. So it is kind of like a fun game of Name that Tune. It is pretty cute.
He loves to give kisses too....slobbery ones! He is always offering lots of slobbery kisses. Those dimples of his keep him innocent these days...can't get enough of that smile and those dimples!
Happy Birthday Jakey! We love you!!
(More to come on the birthday celebration...which will be Sunday)
5 comments:
Happy B-day Jake! 2 is super cool! We hope you have great birthday celebrations!
he is so sweet....what a fun age...well not sure of the fun...but maybe crazy
Happy Birthday Jake, you cute munchkin!!!!
It's his eyes that make me melt!
I can't wait til his is making a mess at our house.
sara!! i am sooo soooo sorry that we missed you on Wednesday! I forgot that when I got my new cellphone I forgot to transfer numbers over, so I didn't have your number and I don't have your email. I didn't even think to send a message on your blog. So so sorry. Abbey was heartbroken on Wednesday that Tanner didn't come, we will have to get together SOON. Give Jakey some loves for us. We'll see you soon.
Post a Comment