Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tanner's First Year of Preschool

Tanner's last day of Busy Bees Preschool was the Monday(4-13-09) before we left to come out to Virginia!  Boy is he sure missing it! And so am I!  He loves to socialize and learn new things, so it was perfect!  He absolutely loved his first year of preschool which didn't surprise me at all because before he even started preschool he was always asking when he would be able to go to big school!  I think that he is just really excited to ride a school bus someday!  
He LOVED his teacher Miss Nicole too!  He took her an apple a couple of times during the year.  I think he read it in one of his books so he was dead set on taking his teacher an apple just like they did in the book!  It was pretty cute.  Miss Nicole always did the funnest projects with the kids!  He was always coming home with the cutest things!  Here are just a few of them. 
At the beginning of the year, Tanner would sometimes come home with unfinished projects because he got frustrated with cutting.  He was good at it too, I just think that he was being lazy but after a couple heart to hearts about not bringing home unfinished projects anymore he became the master cutter and loves to cut to this day.  And he has been practicing writing his name too and is getting better and better!  It is kinda funny to watch him because he is a total lefty, but he does really well! He loves to learn and I love to watch him develop and grasp new concepts.
 Here is the class doing music time with the instruments!  Tanner's class had 10 boys and 1 girl in it....let's just say Miss Nicole is a SAINT!  
And one big hug from all the boys (I don't even think Sarah...the one little girl in the class....was in on this bear hug) before Tanner left.  I think that he is in the middle somewhere....you can't even see him!  They were all cracking up, it was pretty cute!
I know he can't wait for next year!  He was born for school...that's for sure!  Thanks to Miss Nicole for all her hard work during the year.  She is AWESOME!!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

She is the best! They are going to the farm tomorrow for a field trip. I am opting out so she is picking him up for me. We love Nicole!

The Hillan Family said...

I love preschool! Peanut butter and glue! So fun! I love the pic of him holding his monkey! Makes me laugh!

katie mcphee said...

tanner is so cute! i always have paul look at your blog showing him how stinkin cute your boys are :)