1st DAY: MAKING THE DOUGH
Jake got scared everytime I turned on the Kitchenaid....well, maybe it was because Tanner would turn it on and he would do it at full speed and it was loud and fast! It was pretty funny.
My good little helpers! These two love to help me in the kitchen!
DAY 2: ROLLING OUT THE DOUGH AND COOKING THE COOKIES!
Here they are watching Doug juggle three balls of dough, but he wouldn't let me take a picture of him doing it! I guess it doesn't matter because my camera has been acting up again as you can tell by the pictures. Sad:(.
Just call him MARTHA!
Jakey rolling out his dough....basically matting it to the counter as much as he could.
DAY 3: FROSTING THE COOKIES!
We opted to do this part while Jake was taking a nap. He tends to get rather messy no matter what he does and I didn't want to go there with frosting this time. Tanner had a blast though. He was saying the funniest things and was very into frosting and sprinkling his cookies.
Can you tell who frosted this one? Do you want some cookie with that frosting?
"A lick for me and then some for the cookie....a lick for me and then some for the cookie"
Finally our finished product!
This sugar cookie recipe is the best one I have ever made! It is so soft and chewy! I love it! Thanks Cari!
So here it is:
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
About 6 cups of flour (give or take)
Cream together the butter and the sugar. Next add sour cream and the eggs. Then add the baking soda and the vanilla. Then gradually add the flour until the dough is a good consistency....not sticky. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnite.
Roll out and bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes. (I did 8 and they came out perfect)
Enjoy
3 comments:
I'll have to try out that recipe!
yummy cookies! your boys are so cute, Merry Christmas!
You are way to fun! I have never attempted and really never plan on letting Jack help me bake. It is hard enough for me as it is! And your about to have a baby any day! Seriously super woman! I am sure the boys had a blast. To bad we don't live closer I could send Jack over for a little cooking fun!
Post a Comment