Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Official!! Tanner is the Culprit!

Yes, that is right, today while I was putting Jake down for a nap, Tanner thought that it would be fun to pull off ohhhh, about 20 keys off of Melissa's laptop while he was watching Wonderpets! I came downstairs and he was having a hayday. You better believe he got in trouble and went to timeout. The best part about the whole thing is that we now have official proof that he is a laptop destroyer!! While I was in Oregon this summer after I had Jake, Tanner and his cousin Austin were found in the office....but this time Jonathans (my brothers) laptop keys were everywhere. Of course we didn't know who really did it....we assumed it was Tanner, but he was still too young to tell who did it and of course he wasn't fessing up to anything and Austin wasn't saying too much about it either. Thanks to my Dad and his little tools and a youtube video showing how to replace keys on a keyboard they were back on in no time and worked as good as ever. Unfortunately....my Dad doesn't live here and I don't have the skill he does when it comes to computer stuff. But now we do have official proof that it was Tanner back then and it was definitly Tanner today! (why would sweet little Austin do anything like that???yeah right:))
The eventful afternoon didn't stop there though....I took Tanner up for a nap and after we did our little routine I told him to stay in bed. (lately we have transferred him to a toddler bed...which he does fine in at night, but naps are hard for him to stay in his bed because it is so light outside....and he likes to jump and move move move!) So I hear Jake still crying and not settling down, and I tell Tanner "I need to go check on Jake....stay in your bed!" Of course two minutes after I leave I hear this big thud and Tanner screaming. I run in there and he is on the floor with blood dripping down his face and a deep little gash on his forehead. It was only like a half inch long, but pretty deep. Long story short....we clean it up and my sisters husbands sisters husband(you get the idea) who happened to be in town and is a doctor was able to dermabond(medical superglue) it back together. Thank goodness we didn't need a stitch or two. I wasn't feeling like attacking the hospital this afternoon and sweet little Tanner is terrified of the doctor ever since the broken femur incident. So Thank you Matt....you were a lifesaver! And that was our Friday afternoon!


The culprit! Doesn't he just look like a little rebel in this picture! He has fake tattoos....which he thinks are stickers, all over his body(there is even one on his stomach).....a sleeveless shirt that his Dad tells him shows off his muscles, and a gash in his forehead to show he is tough! What a guy!

10 comments:

The Hillan Family said...

I can't stop laughing! Look at those eyes. He looks so innocent. I'm glad he didn't need stiches. I just want to give him a big kiss!

Cassie said...

wow!! You are so patient, I would be ticked!! He does look very guilty in that picture!! At least Tanner didn't do something to Jake!

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

Oh that is so funny..besides him getting hurt! He's got a lot of eneregy! I'm finding more and more that all kids are into everything and have tons of energy, we just have to figure out how to control them, I guess?!

Karlee said...

This just made me laugh! I will say this over and over again but I LOVE hearing this stuff! I know it's probably not that fun to experience as a parent, but I'm really looking forward to Boston being a "boy." Seeing all the things Tanner does just excites me! I'm sure I won't be saying that when Boston is doing those kind of things though! Also, HOW IN THE WORLD IS HE GETTING THOSE KEYS OFF?! I wouldn't even think about doing that at that age...I guess he is just a little rebel! TOO CUTE!

Ku'ulei said...

Oh my! I would go nuts if Mason did that. Poor little guy - I'm glad you had help near by and he didn't have to go in for stitches! He needs to forget ever since the last incident... :)

kristina said...

dont you just love being a mom?, especially when things like this happen over and over in the same day! im glad its not just me!!! lol I love the picture of Tanner, he is gorgeous, little rebel and all!

Mom and Me said...

Oh what a day! I'm glad Tanner is going to be OK. He is such a sweet boy with a curious mind. Hang in there with all of his energy he will be sure to do something great!

Leah Finch said...

LOL, funny! I love it! Have a great holiday!

Paul said...

Haha! Sara, what a nut! Yeah, I can probably fix it. I'll remember to bring my tools down and I'll see what I can do. I'll consult with Dad, too.
Hahaha!

Tiffany said...

That is so funny because our computer is broken right now for some reason and anyways I have to type on our laptop and it kind of turned into Brynnlys tv to watch movies on because we hadnt used it in a while. Anyways, a couple of the letters are off too. Brian had caught her biting them off one day...Tanner must have taught Brynnly this when they hung out the other day!! Rowdy kid!! jk Anyways, we really need to get together again. My inlaws were in town and just left so maybe next week after thanksgiving.