Tuesday, November 6, 2007

CP80: GET ACTIVE,GET INVOLVED!

CP80
We can NOT let our children drown in a sea of Internet pornography!

*DID YOU KNOW…
*12-17 year olds are the largest consumers of internet porn.*11 years old is the average age of first exposure to internet pornography.
*85.5% of the pornography business, stems from the United States.
*There are over 600 million pornographic websites.
*Businesses lose $85 billion a year due to workers misusing the internet.
* 70% of pornography is viewed between 9am-5pm.

Ralph Yarro is trying to pass legislation nationwide. HE NEEDS OUR HELP! This legislation will change our society forever if passed. Ralph is a computer genius from Utah whom has established a way for there to be such thing as a ‘CLEAN’ computer. He has hired on full time, 4 people to work on this program. He recently met with Jon Kyl on September 28th and presented this plan to him. This anticipated day was a great success. Jon Kyl is THRILLED about it and has high hopes it will come to pass; however, now needs to present this plan to the White House.
If this legislation passes, there will be no need to buy a new computer or software. It will simply involve contacting your internet server (Cox, Quest etc…) and stating you want this specific channel. It’s as easy as flipping a switch for them and BOOM all of a sudden you have a ‘clean’ channel that isn’t even capable of processing FILTH. It’s not a filter, but literally a CLEAN channel.
I’m sure a lot of you are thinking: Why does this need to be approved by the government? Well it is because the US government controls these channels and so therefore; they need to approve opening a new ‘clean’ channel across the country.
What can I do to Help CP80?
STAND UP AND BE HEARD- write, email, or call your state Congressmen and Senators. Let them know this issue is important to you! Let them know you SUPPORT CP80!! CALL NOW.
BE A VOICE IN YOUR COMMUNITY- write a letter to the editor or call radio shows. Discuss the dangers of internet pornography on your BLOG.
BECOME A TECH SAVVY PARENT-be actively searching for better ways to protect your children from all internet sources.
BE STRICT WITH RULES AND STICK WITH THEM.

EDUCATE YOURSELF- register at http://www.cp80.org/. It is a simple and quick process. You will receive updates on the status of CP80 and the progress it is making!
PLEASE MAKE MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS FLYER- pass them out to family, friends, neighbors, and all of your ward members. MAKE CP80 KNOWN! Encourage others to register at http://www.cp80.org/
*WE EACH CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! LET’S JUST DO IT!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cool. I'll for sure forward this on. And I've got so say, your boys look SO dang cute in their little costumes! Don't forget that I already have Tanner reserved for Camryn! (Jaxon claimed Brooklyn- it's a hair color thing)

Erin said...

Thanks for posting about this Sara. The more people that know about it, the better.

Tiffany said...

I am up for lunch in friday, if you are able to? I was thinking that maybe we could go like 11ish, so that your boys can be back for naptime. I am flexible, so whatever is good for you guys. Also what chick fil a is closest to you? Just let me know. I am excited to see you and your boys! It has been FOREVER... I think the last time I saw you, you were prego with the first one! Aubrees wedding!? I think

KTLADY said...

Hey Sara! Just was reading your posting... do you guys get the Church News? There was a blurb in there about a conference for heightening awareness and protecting families and children against pornongraphy. There were some interesting statistics in there. The most interesting was when it said that the words "sex and pornography" are typed into the internet "by more Utahns than by any other state in the country." Crazy, huh?? If you didn't get this church news (week ending Nov. 3rd) I would be happy to scan the article if you want it. Love you guys! Oh, and your boys are SO CUTE, but my goodness, anyone can see that!!!! Love, Katie

kristina said...

i think this is so awsome! and i love that you posted it! i had no idea on alot of these stats. i will for sure take some action!!

Tiffany said...

You need to update this junk, I am sick of just seeing this on yours and your sistas blogs! Do something fun and post!! jk It was good seeing you today...we could have talked for days just to get caught up on our lives! Your little boys are soooo cute! Brynnly might have a crush?! Anyways, keep in touch. Maybe sometime next week we can go to Chucke Cheese. I hear its safe for kids there!

KTLADY said...

hey Sara! Can you send me your email address? mine is ktlady15@hotmail.com

kimberlee shaffer said...

hey girl i tagged you. you have to look at my blog. (=