Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday,Happy Anniversary,Happy Day!

Today is Doug's 28th birthday and our 4th wedding anniversary!  I can say right now that it does not feel like we have been married for 4 years!  That is crazy!  And I don't have any of our wedding pictures on this computer either, so I decided that I would post some of Doug's favorite things, since it is his birthday and this post is mostly a tribute to him....(I don't like him to feel like he doesn't really have a birthday because we got married on the same day).
First and foremost...he LOVES his boys!  They are what he gets most excited about when he comes home(and me of course:)) and he is the best daddy to them!  Tanner asks if he can go to work with Doug everyday and I have to tell him that I would be sad without him with me all day long.
He is such a good husband to me and he completely balances me out.  He works so hard for our family and I am so grateful for such a supportive husband.  He is the best at making me not worry about petty things that don't really matter and focusing on more important things.  He has such faith and strength and I look up to him for that.  By the way, this picture was when Doug sold in Nashville and I was pregnant with Tanner... about 3 years ago. So for all of you who have been wanting to see a belly picture, here ya go!  It may not be the right child or the right stage of pregnancy(8 months prego in this picture), but it does show my belly!

Doug LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to laugh! He has the best laugh I have ever heard, and I am not just saying that...it is really true!  It is so contagious and addictive.  You just start cracking up when you hear him laugh even if you don't know what is so funny and I absolutely love that about him.  He is always happy.  This picture was from our Family Ward Halloween party in Rexburg in 2004 where we dressed up as nerds.  Doug was totally in character the entire time...it was hilarious.  And I won't ever forget that we won "best costume" at that party!  It was that bomb!!
Doug is seriously the hardest worker I know.  He is insane!  but in a really good way.  He just knows how to work hard and play hard!  He loves his New Balance 992 and swears by these shoes.  Doug has really flat feet and has had a lot of problems with them.  But these shoes have been so good to him!  Don't get them confused with the New Balance 552 or 442 or whatever they are...they look exactly the same but the 992 are built specifically for support and comfort.  He will go through two pairs of these shoes each summer!  He just got a new one for his birthday this morning because these were hanging on by a thread.  So for anyone who has flat feet and plantar fasciitis(major heel pain that he gets steroid shots for), I would recommend these shoes...with some good insoles of course! 

He loves to work out, although he goes through phases where he works out hard and then there are just times where he is so busy he can barely fit it in and get the rest that he needs....but he does love it!  And when he can focus on it he is pretty hardcore!

And a couple more of his favorite things include.....Peanut Butter Chocolate ice-cream, a beach of any kind...preferably clear water and a good Ralph Lauren Polo because he loves how soft they are and how they fit his masculine body!:)haha

And to my one and only hubby....Thank you for being you.  Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!  I love you!

10 comments:

Karlee said...

I started dying laughing when I saw the picture of y'all on Halloween that year! That was HILARIOUS..you really were the best dressed! Every year I tell myself that Kent and I are going to dress up like that...we haven't done it yet but one of these times we will! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG! Oh and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOO! When you get the chance post a pic of your PRESENT pregnant belly!

Ku'ulei said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGIE! I loved hearing all the tidbits about him. :) The Halloween picture - PRICELESS!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TOO! I can't believe it's been that long...
I hope you guys have fun celebrating both birthday & anni.
P.S. I want to see a belly shot really bad. I'm so excited Melis is having a girl!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

happy anniversary and birthday to doug! I had no idea you guys were married on his birthday! And an old pregnancy pic doesn't cut it I wanna see one of you now!

Jeri said...

Happy day for both of you!!! I love you forever Aunt Jeri

The Crazy Clawson's said...

wow what a great day all the way around....hope all is going well for you...im going to try and make it to Aubree's wedding hope to see you there...

britt said...

congrats you guys! how funny that you were married on his b-day? I guess kill 2 birds with one stone? Or do you guys still celebrate on 2 diff days? Anyway, so fun!

britt said...

omit the "still" in last comment! I was asking if you do celebrate on 2 days...

The Hillan Family said...

I love it! Wish we were there to make you guys a yummy treat and watch the boys while you went for a hot night on the town! Happy Birthday pee-pee pants! Love ya tons!

Aubree said...

I can't believe you guys have been married 4 years ago. I was just sorting through some old pictures and found a ton from your wedding and reception. So pretty! I need to give them to you, there are some good ones in there. Remind me!

Rachael said...

Yeah! Happy B-day Dougy! And Happy Anniversary to the both of you!