Monday, May 3, 2010

Disneyland!

We were able to make a quick trip to Disneyland before we headed to Denver and we had a GREAT time! It was a tad busy but still pretty bearable and nothing that I would complain about. We got to go on most all the rides that we wanted and never had to wait long. I forgot how much I LOVE Disneyland and I LOVE it even more with the boys. They got so excited about everything and they did so well.
While we were all taking turns riding Tower of Terror, the boys discovered these big snails in the back of these flower pots. That kept them busy the entire time they had to wait. They were in heaven!
Watching the Electrical Parade! Jakey missed most of it because whenever he got too tired he would just climb in the stroller and crash and that is exactly what he was doing during the whole parade! Did I mention it was pretty cold the entire weekend we were there! Good thing I checked the weather right before we left so I grabbed jackets, otherwise we would probably have some new warm Disney attire!
This little munchkin made the trip a tad bit interesting. Saturday morning he woke up with a high fever, so we didn't head over to the park until his Motrin kicked in. Then I stayed pretty on top of it alternating the tylenol and the motrin and that kept his fever down. I knew he wasn't really contagious because Tanner seems to get fevers more often then normal. If he hasn't had enough sleep or his body is trying to fight off getting something else....sometimes he tends to get a high fever for a couple days. Anyways, he did pretty good most the day and then he decided he needed to ride in the stroller for a little while and he put Doug's sweatshirt over his head and crashed. He just looked like a big black blob with legs in the front of the stroller. This picture was taken right before he situated himself and crashed. We also had a bit of a scare and the worst thing happened at Disneyland that any parent could ever dream of and yes....we lost Tanner.....and yes, I was a wreck....and yes, I have never seen Doug act so fast and run all over Disneyland in matter of minutes.....and yes, the Disneyland police found him and returned him to us within the longest 20 minutes of my entire entire life....and yes I was a wreck still....and yes, I thought of every horrible thing you could possibly think of when losing your child....and when they brought him to me I was even more of a wreck....and no Tanner didn't seem to be too traumatized by it....he wasn't crying, or yelling, nope...he just simply kept walking and told a man that he couldn't find his mom and the man kindly helped him and got in touch with the Disneyland police who we had already gotten in touch with and within minutes they had put it all together. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it! So yes, to my surprise it wasn't Mikey that gave us a run for our money this trip, it was Tanner. I have to remind myself to breathe after reliving that in my head.
According to Doug you can't go without getting a huge turkey leg! So here is Doug with his....
and Greg with his....
and Jake didn't want to miss out on taking a bite of that turkey leg too!
Here we are on Pirates...I think we rode that one 3 times. Tanner rode all the roller coasters that he could and he enjoyed most of them. I don't know whether it was him trying to be brave and convince us that he liked them or if he really really did like them. Either way he rode them! It probably helped that Jonah who is 8 rode them too and Tanner has always wanted to be older and do what the older kids are doing. :)
This little hurricane did really well about falling asleep in the stroller when he was too exhausted to function anymore. We had planned on taking him back for naps, but you just get going and riding rides and you just don't want to stop! (except for food!) But he did great and we were pleasantly surprised!
Can't go to Disneyland without a visit to see Mickey!
and we caught up with Pluto too!
Mikey didn't cry on one ride. He thought they all were the best thing! Even all the Fantasyland rides....speaking of those rides, some of these rides are pretty gloomy until the very end when you are exiting and they have one little happy moment where Snow White wakes up or Alice woke up from her crazy dream....Jake did not like Mr. Toads wild ride....a little too intense for him...
And here is the witch in Snow White looking out her window....
and this is Jake starring at her....pretty funny!
Mikey and Doug had a lot of good bonding time!:) They were good buddies the entire trip and I loved it! Mikey loves his daddy and he definitely responds differently to him than he does to me....and I am totally fine with that!
They all loved the carousel....doesn't matter if we ride them at the mall or at Disneyland....they love them! Jake really loved Small world too, he just kept saying "Mommy, this is a happy one!" with the biggest smile on his face! And here is Mikey trying to escape through the line gates....and he actually almost did.
And a picture of the cute Nygren family! We had a blast with them!
And I don't know why I got stuck riding the tea cups....probably because Doug was camera man...but it made me a tad bit sick for a couple of minutes!:)
We are hoping to go back in the Fall before the new baby arrives so we can use our free vouchers we got from doing our service! Yeah! Hopefully it happens, because once this baby comes I probably won't be leaving the house for about a year!

10 comments:

Heather said...

What a great time! I love seeing Mikeys bright blue eyes. Such a love. So happy to hear you found your sweet Tanner, you are not alone in the losing-a-child department. I'll have to tell you about losing Jack in Wegmans sometime. Ugh it is the worst feeling in the world. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying CO. Abbey just asked when Tanner is coming to VA. :( sad. we miss you guys.

xoxoox

Jill said...

SOOOO FUN, SCARY, and FUN!!!!! How exciting, we took Easton when he was little, but I don't think he remembers much. Wish you guys lived closer! It was so good to see Doug.

Erin said...

Nice. I still haven't posted about our trip to Disneyland in Jan. Too many pics overwhelms me and takes too long. I love Jake's face when he's looking at the which. Hilarious.

Tiffany said...

Oh that makes me want to go to Disneyland!! Seriously your boys are the cutest!! I am anxiously checking back your blog to see when you post what you are having.
Well, Brian found out yesterday that he got into the Payson campus and we are SOOOO excited!! That was the one I was hoping for because its not too far from where my family is and plus a little cooler there. So we are looking forward to that and will be moving in August to head up there before school starts. Hey, what is Dougs Company name? I am thinking that we have a connection on someone and I need the dirt...

Karen said...

Such fun pictures and a fun trip except for that ginamorous scare of losing Tanner. Oh my goodness I think every mom has a story like that but disneyland would be a very scary place for that to happen. when do you find out what you're having? So exciting!!!

sam and kyrsten said...

it looks like you guys had so much fun! all of your pictures are great! your boys are the cutest things! i love that you guys did the service to get free tickets! i dont know why we didnt do it! it would have been so smart! i am wishing we were selling in denver with you guys right now! jaylyn says she is having a great time and loves you already! i dont blame her! you are the best! i hope things are going good!

Melissa said...

Amen sista!! September here we come. It's the first thing on our list of things to do...as well as get a house. Oh I miss my boys.

Miller time said...

That looks like a fun trip. your boys are to die for . too cute. I'm so sorry that you lost tanner. I would be a wreck too and I'm sure all those things would be running through my head too.

Cordie said...

Looks like a great time! I just can't get over how handsome all three of our boys are!!! Good luck when they start dating.

Jaynan said...

our little Naomi liked the "small world" ride the best too. we rode it about 5 times in a row.... Glad everything turned out okay with Tanner getting lost and then found. definitely a mother's worst nightmare! luckily it turned out to be just that...

ya'll are such a cute family!