Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A little bit of this and that....

So it is official....knock on wood....Jake is a BIG BOY! and I am LOVING it! He really has done marvelous! We started the week after his birthday and before he woke up I just threw together this chart (and yes, I know this post looks a lot like Nash's potty post...thanks to Erin and her ideas:)) and when he woke up I told him he is 3 now and he doesn't need diapers anymore. He got 1 sticker for going #1 and two for going #2. After a little while he would forget about the stickers and I didn't really remind him because I wanted to stretch out the chart as long as possible to guarantee that he was really potty trained!
From there on out he did really well....mostly because I was keeping on top of it and reminding him to go potty every so often, but now he has it down no problem! He even keeps his pull-up dry all night long....because let's be honest, I haven't gone that far. But he has kept it dry every night for a week now....but maybe I am just doubtful because Tanner is so far from that it's not even funny! Maybe I just can't really believe that he can hold it all night! He really is doing awesome! I should just trust his bladder and keep him in his underwear although he thinks pull-ups are underwear too....so I guess that might just be saving me from another possible load of laundry! at least that is what I am thinking....maybe we will give it another week.:) Anything to prevent another load of laundry!
And this was his reward when he filled his chart that sat on top of the fridge where he could see it the entire time! Kyle and Melis sent this to him for his birthday and it came just in time to put it right on top of the fridge as a reward for NO MORE DIAPERS! Kyle actually bought Tanner a remote control car when he became potty trained and before we left AZ he would tell Jake that if he went potty on the toilet he could get a remote control car just like Tanner.....and so it is....apparently Uncle Kyle has started a tradition, whether he likes it or not!:) No, but really....thanks a million.....it was perfect and he LOVES it! So here is my little champion with his remote control car which was screwed and bolted and wired and taped and whatever else to that box!
On another note, I have been dealing with dreadful allergies since I left AZ. It started as a cold there and then I thought the cold went away and apparently it did but allergies came back 100 times worse! I have never had allergies in my life and they have been so bad here in Colorado. I couldn't deal with it anymore so I went to the doctor and they told me I had a sinus infection and horrible allergies. She gave me about a million things to get me a tiny bit of relief because it had been so long since I had had any sort of thing! So here is the dosage....
Amoxicillin 3 times a day
A Zyrtec in the morning
Sudafed every 4 hours
Rhinecort Nasal Spray 2 times a day(which I still haven't picked up from the pharmacy because they were out of it)
and a Benadryl at night....which seriously knocks me out....so I can't take it until I am getting in bed because once it hits, there is no coming back for me!
I HATE taking pills with a passion....the baby is the only thing that gets me to take my pre-natals and for some reason this time they make me gag every time I take them! So add that onto the daily dosage of my pill popping!
It is just quite frankly annoying, but hopefully it will subside soon and we will be onto bigger and better things....like probably just my body getting bigger!
The last couple of days have started to get a little warmer which I am thankful for....we want to be living outside instead of watching movies...
or watching it snow in May for that matter....!
We really are enjoying Colorado! It has been great to be here and we have had a blast so far! We can't wait for next week because a week from today I get to see this little munchkin!!! So excited and so are the boys!
oh yeah....and I keep finding random things in my garbage can....for instance my remote, or books, or on this particular day it was Tanner's swimming suit. It is Mikey's new hiding place so I have to check it before I take it out all the time....that little stinker!:)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I miss that Jakey boy!! Cute little bum....and thanks for choosing Jaycee's worst picture. I'm glad she doesn't have an opinion right now. Ha! Mikey's hair looks so long. I can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Jakey! Ruby said "He's going potty like me!" GROOVY! The boys look so big! Sorry about the allergies - that totally blows!

Scott and Jamie said...

Congrats on potty training! It seems like a huge feat we parents have to go through, so congrats to you too! My sister lives in Denver and she tells me about the snow they get in the springtime... it'll get better!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Way to go Jake!!! That is great, what a big boy! your boys are so handsome Sara! I am glad you didn't give up on my blog. I have horrible allergies too, I hope you can find some relief soon!

Erin said...

At least Mikey's hiding place is the garbage and not the toilet like Brynlee's. It's her new favorite place to put things.

Yeah for Jake! Isn't it nice to just have 1 in diapers...for just a little while anyway!

Chad and Amanda said...

Congratulations on the potty training. I'm so glad to hear that your oldest has a hard time keeping dry at night because Lexi struggles with the night time as well and I don't have any friends whose kids struggle with the nighttime unless they just aren't telling me, LOL. Anyways, I took her pull ups away that she wore just at night back in December and told her she had to come wake me up if she needed to go to the bathroom and she was doing awesome and then got sick and we are back to wearing the pull ups. Hopefully one day she can learn to hold it.

Unknown said...

Way to go with potty training! C & B turn 4 next month and we still get them out of bed around 11:30 every night to take them potty. We have a 50/50 chance if we don't take them, and with bunkbeds, I REALLY don't want to take the chance and have to change sheets! And seriously, what's with kids throwing everything in the garbage!! Kendyl has lost both mine and Nic's ipods in the last few months. They were never found and we're assuming they're now at the dump. It makes me mad every time I think about it! Your kiddos are so dang cute! What I would give to be neighbors so they could play all day while we layed out in our polka dot swimsuits!