Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Jake turned 3!

Jake turned 3 on April 22nd! I think his birthday fell on a Thursday but we ended up celebrating on the following Sunday! He had a basketball cake that was a major flop, but he loved it anyways and it still tasted good even though it didn't look so hot!:) Aunt Alisa and Mammy decorated Papa and Mammy's house so when we got there for dinner it was extra special! He was so excited!
He was definitely spoiled with gifts....so thank you everyone! Mom....he LOVES his BYU jersey and now Tanner and Jake both want to wear their jerseys every day.
And a big thank you to Mammy who took him out on a special Saturday birthday date to Chuck E Cheese...which was his first request when asked where he wanted to go! They had a blast!
I really can't believe he is 3! He is my little goof and loves to laugh and be silly. He has come a long way with his communication and he says the cutest things with this little twang accent. I don't know where he gets it from, but I love it. He is very polite and when he asks for anything he says "Please me" first....for example...."Mom, please me play the computer when you are done doing you stuff?" or "Mom, please me have a healthy snack?" He is still a little snuggler and is still obsessed with grabbing my hair. He is a marvelous sleeper now that we took away naps. When bedtime hits he is out like a light and rarely comes into our room at night anymore which is lovely! He loves to do anything Tanner is doing and they play really well together. He has started to color just as much as Tanner does and so my kitchen table is covered with crayons and coloring books a majority of the day. He will start preschool when we get back to AZ which is still hard to believe, but I think he will do great. He is mostly potty trained...but when it is totally official I will definitely do a separate post, because it deserves it!:) We sure love our little Jakey! Happy 3rd Birthday!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I wondered why you didn't answer your phone! You were posting! Anyway, we miss our Jakey boy. I want him to say cute things like that to me.

Heather said...

Oh i love Jakey. I miss that sweet face. Hope you guys are well. I can't believe he's 3 either. I remember when he was just a newborn...time flies. Love you guys!
xoxo