Friday, October 16, 2009

Oahu!!! 2009


I cannot even begin to explain how much fun we had on our trip to Oahu! It was such a blast! We went with a group of the top ten Homeshield reps. We are so lucky to have such a great group of people that work for Homeshield and these are just some of them! Oh man....where do I begin....There was so much to do in Oahu and we probably only skimmed the surface!

I could sit on the beach ALL day long and NEVER get sick of it! I love it sooo much! It is so peaceful and relaxing. And of course beautiful!

One evening was a little extra windy on the beach so Lisa and I were trying to protect ourselves with the umbrella!

We were so bummed that the temple was closed while we were there! I would have loved to do a session, but they are doing some major remodeling. Bummer...but still so pretty!

These three(Doug, Sam, and Kyle) are OBSESSED (and I am not over exaggerating) with big waves and swimming in the ocean. I think they were fish in another life.:)

Doug, AJ, and Greg(isn't Greg's Walgreens hat hilarious!...he wore it everywhere)

This was at Pearl Harbor on the USS Arizona Memorial.
Doug, Sam, Gavin, and B-dawg

PIPELINE SUNSET

Eating the famous Mahsumoto's Shaved Ice. It is soooo good.....I could eat one everyday! I don't know why we didn't take our picture under the sign though...we are just standing by the wall eating a shaved ice!

Waimea Beach.....Doug did some pretty crazy flips off of that cliff in the back. You can barely get me in the water....let alone on top of a cliff!:) Let's just say Doug probably didn't marry me for my craziness.....I am definitely the conservative one when it comes to doing crazy things like swimming in the ocean with massive waves.....or jumping off cliffs(no matter the size). I jumped off one bridge in my life in Rexburg and I thought that I was going to die....so that was the end of that. But at least I can say I have done it once!

Sam, Kyrsten, and Doug doing a synchronized back flip off the cliff....and they were pretty dead on! You should have heard everyone watching after they did that....it was hilarious to hear everyone yell in amazement!
The second day we were in Oahu Doug was out in the ocean and cut he toe pretty deep on some coral. It was so deep we had to run to the ER too have them clean out all the sand and glue it up. Don't you worry though, Doug was back in the ocean the second we met back up with the group. So much for that dermabond...it wore off in a couple of days and now he is still trying to super glue it back together. Boys will be Boys!!!
Waikiki! This was a huge Swap Meet right in the middle of Waikiki!


Doug tried his hand at surfing....he did pretty decent for just kind of winging it. He really wants to learn though.


Sarah, Me, and Kyrsten....Love these girls!


Oahu was so green and beautiful!

I love my hubby!

All eight wives! (from top left to right) Nicole, Heather, Sarah, Melis
(bottom left to right)Kerri, Lisa, Me, and Kyrsten
These girls are so much fun! Did I already say that we had such a good time?:)
Turtle Bay resort after a long awesome day on the beach (can't you tell by my scraggliness?)...next time we go to Oahu I want to stay here!
We saw so many rainbows while we were just bumming it!

All the guys taking the wave!

These aren't even all my pictures! My pictures of the whole group didn't turn out, so I will have to get them from someone else. I think we should make Hawaii a yearly vacation....we snorkeled, swam, soaked in the rays, played games, shopped, and ate and ate and ate! And a special thank you to my WONDERFUL mother! She watched my three monkeys that whole week. They still keep calling me Grandma. She is the BEST! and I can't thank her enough!!! GOOD TIMES!!

13 comments:

Kelsey said...

So jealous right now you cannot even believe it! I LOVE hawaii and understand why mom and dad try to make it there every year! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!! miss you!

Abby said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Jeff wishes I was more wild with that kind of stuff too. I did the bridge too and will NEVER jump off anything again...peer pressure!!

Glad you got a great vacation sans kids!!!

The Roth's said...

So I'm not sure if I'm more jealous about hawaii or that you look that fantastic in a bathing suit after having a baby this year! Either way it looks like all is well...miss you guys! Jayda still asks where her husband is (aka: Tanner)! ha!

Heather said...

i die.
looks like you guys had a great time. it's so awful and cold here. ugh.
we miss you. give your boys a squeeze for us.
xoxox

sam and kyrsten said...

this was so so much fun! it looks like you guys kept having a blast after we left! it would have been so much fun to stay a little longer! thanks to you guys for making it so stinkin awesome! your the best! we love you!

Beth Curtis said...

oh I am so jealous! That looks like a blast! I too am so afraid to jump off cliffs etc. I don't blame us for being smart.

Karlee said...

Looks like a BLAST!!! Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places I've EVER been!!! I'm totally jealous that you were just there!!! It's always nice to get away and relax for a little while! Glad y'all had fun!

Brooke said...

guess what?? a few weeks ago i jumped off a bridge here at rexburg. it was so much fun! but i was scared to death. looks like you had tons of fun!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Wow. It looks like you guys had a blast. I love Hawaii. One of the prettiest places ever.

Karen said...

Wow, trip of a lifetime. Weston and I always dream about going on a tropical vacation with friends and without kids. It looked amazing! Great pics.

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

So much Fun! I love Hawaii! It's the best! That would be awesome to go with a bunch of friends and no kids!

Polly said...

What fun! Glad you guys got away for a vacation together - looks like you all had such a wonderful time! Your mom is great by the way!! Glad Im also not the only one who would rather stay on the beach than the water!!

Aubree said...

I've been waiting for these pics!! So glad you guys were able to go and relax. Did Melis wear sunscreen on her face this time? I hope so!