Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our Latest House Guest

Here he is...
Meet BIG BOY!
and yes...if you were wondering...he is a VERY BIG BOY! But probably one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met....and coming from me, that says ALOT! (since...no joke...one of my BIGGEST fears is BIG DOGS!)
Kyle's brother and his wife had a baby last week and they needed somewhere for Big Boy to reside during all the initial chaos of welcoming a new little one into the family. So naturally, Kyle accepted the opportunity to watch Big Boy.
My boys are thrilled to have a dog around! Tanner is probably he biggest fan and can be found with Big Boy a majority of the day. :) Mikey loves playing with his ears which Big Boy enjoys as well. He didn't even flinch having such a large dog around. He crawled as fast as his little legs would let him to get close to Big Boy and touch him. Pretty cute.
Jake seems to be the most cautious...yet it is in a funny Jake sort of way. If Big Boy turns unexpectedly or something, then it makes Jake nervous and he tries to hide behind Tanner or just move a little furthur from him. But then at the same time he will be sitting with him outside for what seems like a good 45 minutes trying to feed him his dog food pellets right into that big mouth of his! haha!

He is one of the sweetest, best behaved and well trained dogs I have ever met! He would never hurt a fly (unless of course he felt threatened...then you better watch out) and is such a great dog around kids! It has been a good experience to have him around. Not that we are getting a dog anytime soon....if we ever do it will be in a LONG LONG LONG time. So soak it up boys...because Mommy is not that big of an animal lover!:)
Big Boy was just the exception!:)

6 comments:

Nicole, Ryan & Jett Wilder said...

WOW!~ That is one HUGE dog! haha. It does look so sweet though. Funny that of all the dogs out there you had the biggest one in your home! lol

katie mcphee said...

OH MY!! Big Boy is BIG! he reminds me of the dog off the movie "the sandlot" which is one my favorite movies :) jake looks so small standing next to him!

Cindi Mills said...

Yeah. I love big dogs. He looks like Hooch. Love and miss you all
Cindi

Cindi Mills said...

Yeah. I love big dogs. He looks like Hooch. Love and miss you all
Cindi

Heather said...

Did you know that I love mastiffs??!! As soon as we get outta this darn townhouse we are getting a Neopolitan Mastiff. I love mastiffs they are such lap dogs...too bad they are too big to sit on a lap. He's beautiful. Glad to hera you are doing well in the warmth of AZ. much love.

Karen said...

Holy cow this is the biggest dog I have ever seen. I would be terrified. Even if people tell me our dog is so nice, wouldn't hurt a fly. I don't care, I'm terrified. You are so brave. I"m glad your boys had fun with the dog