When Doug is out of town I try to keep busy as much as possible to make the days go faster which in turn makes the week go faster and if the week goes faster than that means that Doug will be home! At least I have three busy boys that keep the time moving along rather quickly!
BUSY BOY #1...A.K.A TANNER
When Doug is away he keeps me company in my bed at night. Doug and I can almost guarantee that Tanner will make his way into our room at one point or another during the night. If he comes to my side of the bed I usually will take him back to bed unless I am totally delirious and don't know what is going on. If he goes to Doug's side of the bed he can count on snuggling right up to Doug and sleeping there the rest of the night. Doug is such a pushover when it comes to that(which I think is really sweet)....he loves loves loves to have Tanner right there next to him. I on the other hand could use a little more breathing room!!! Except of course when Doug is out of town and then I love the company so I don't feel so lonely! So I guess...well, actually I KNOW....we are not very consistent with this whole bed thing. What can ya do...the boy gets a different answer every time he comes to my room! haha...LOVE HIM!
BUSY BOY #2...A.K.A. JAKE
When Doug is away Jake will keep me busy because he is non-stop. Doug calls Jake his Wild Stallion and he is determined to tame him. And what is he trying to tame you may ask? A combination of a 20 month old child and a stubborn personality. Jake is definitely our busy body. He makes the time go by fast because he knows how to keep me on my toes! In the last week I have found him on the counter with butter all over him and then the rest of the stick stuffed down the toaster....I have found him in the dryer after emptying out my clean load of whites onto the floor...and on top of the stove with the oven turned on! Scared me half to death! Thank goodness it wasn't the burners! I about had a heart attack and I am pretty sure that alone gave him one too. Pretty sure he won't try that again. You get the idea though. He doesn't slow down until it is bedtime and then the boy will crash!...LOVE HIM!
BUSY BOY #3 A.K.A MIKEY
Mikey occupies my time in any obvious way that a newborn should and would. He has been and still is such a good little guy and I cannot get enough of my baby! I just love him to pieces! I love the time I have with him at night when I can really focus my attention only on him....not that he has any idea of what is going on right now and usually he is sleeping, but when he is awake I love it!...LOVE HIM!
13 comments:
Love this post! Seriously...handsomest 3 boys ever. I really like that picture of you and Mikey. Hurry home Doug!
What handsome boys you have, seriously!! And you are such a beautiful mother!! I know I hate when Nate is gone even during the day. I hope your week goes fast!
So cute of you and your boys! I hate it when Jeff is away too. Smart of you to keep busy. Hope the week goes by fast!
You have 3 of the most beautiful children. You have 3 big reasons to be busy
I think little boys are the best...but then again, I will have 2 soon! It's awesome how you handle motherhood SO well, it's Definitely more challenging when our husbands are gone! You have a beautiful family, and you can tell you are an awesome mom!
Sounds like Jake and Jack are kindred spirits. Jack was cleaning my bathroom with the toilet brush yesterday...YUCK! Your boys are so cute and you are seriously my hero for handling them all with Doug gone.
OK, freaking out! Just read that Luke (I think) is climbing out of his crib? No! I'm just waiting for Cole to do the same, they sound the same with the climbing on EVERYTHING!
Sorry, meant Jake
1st off--whenever Doug is gone and you need things to do call us we're down for anything!!! Killing time is a heaven sent in our day!
2nd--I did go back into the blog archives to read about Tanner's broken leg. OUCH. I can't believe that cast. And the question I have for you is how in the world did you deal with diapers and a cast that went all the way up?? You're my new hero! I still think its amazing that he just learned to adapt to it. So I guess you definitely take the prize for broken bone story!!
Let's hang out again soon!
I love these guys! They are so much fun! You are amazing! I love how good of a mom you are!
Alisa told me that your induction was horrible! What happened! email me. tnicolecarter@yahoo.com
i seriously don't know how you do it! you are amazing, those darling boys are sure blessed to have you!
i still can't believe you have 3 little guys! they are so cute!
Post a Comment