Friday, February 13, 2009

Quick Distraction

One afternoon Jake needed something new to keep his attention for longer than 1 second!  He doesn't like to watch movies or shows for very long....maybe a couple minutes here and there....and he is always on the go.  So I have been collecting these milk caps because I remembered that my Mom has one of these homemade toys at her house and all the kids love it that come there.  So this particular afternoon we collected the caps and cut a rectangle in the top of a cottage cheese container and WALAH!!  A NEW DISTRACTION!  At least for 20 minutes which for me was marvelous!
Of course if that doesn't work for some reason, just give him your sandals and his brothers underwear and you've got it made!

6 comments:

Karen said...

That is genius!!! I love it, we might start collecting milk caps around here. That is so hard that he won't watch movies. It's my lifesaver and I only have one. You're super mom!

☂niki. said...

that is so funny! it always seems to be that homemade toys(and most times, home items that are not meant to be toys) are the ones kids love best. i swear, i'm not gonna buy any expensive toys when i have kids. maybe you can make me one of these contraptions instead:)

Karli said...

that is a great idea! I am totally going to start collecting our caps-we go through that whole milk so fast now!

Where do you get all of your cute baby & kid clothes? I am always loving what your boys are wearing and wanting to find similar things. Your baby clothes are darling (as is he!) and you are the same way. So put together and so someone I want to emulate. Thanks for being so positive! K

Mandy said...

What great ideas, you are such a good mommy, I'll need to get lots of tips from you :)

Your boys are so dang cute! I can't beleive how quickly they are growing.

The Hillan Family said...

What a good idea! How did you know to do that? Those kind of toys always seem to do the job!

Leah Finch said...

Wow! You are awesome! Your boys are the cutest! **I'm thinking of switching to a Home Ec. Teacher and think of you often!