Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MY BOYS

I can't say that the transition from two boys that are 19 months apart, to adding another one only 20 more months apart.....has been an easy one.  Did that make sense?  Yes, it hasn't even been two weeks, but I am tired.  Doug has been awesome and has kept Tanner and Jake very occupied and has tried to make it as easy as possible....but I am still tired.  I feel like I will never leave my house again which sometimes seems okay because it takes me all day to do what I used to do in an hour every morning.  I know it will get easier as Mikey gets more on a schedule and at the same time I want to take advantage of these first moments with Michael as a newborn....now I am just rambling.  Does any of this make sense?
My mom was definitely a lifesaver!  Oh how I wish she lived closer!  She is one of the most amazing and patient people ever!  I always ask her how she raised 10 kids and she always tells me...."I did it the same way you will do these three.....you just do it!"  And it really is as simple as that!  Thanks for all your help mom, you are the best!  

Mikey looking a little crosseyed in this picture!  Focus....Focus:)

20 comments:

the DeCampos Family said...

He is such a cutie. That is crazy that you have 3 boys! And what an adventure to have him on Christmas day! At least he didn't come in the morning! Congrats and call julie to come and get your kids so you can get some rest!

Kelsey said...

So cute! Oh man I'm already so excited for you to come and visit us in Utah!!!

Rebekah said...

They are so cute and I miss you guys already so much! I can't wait til Utah! Only 9 more days! YAY! :)

Melissa said...

I see you in mom sooooo much in that picture!! It's crazy and look how blue her eyes look! Good picture!

The Roth's said...

I can't imagine how tired you how...but I can also see how completely blessed you are so you don't get too much sympathy:) Hang in there. We miss your sweet family! Your boys are all so handsome!!

Unknown said...

I completely understand what you're talking about! How do you like the moments when they all start crying at once. Kendyl has started to cry all the time. I don't get it. C & B were so easy going and this new baby has the rumbly tummy syndrome and doesn't seem to be very happy. Poor thing. Anyway...just wanted you to know that I understand how you feel. And while you're in your pajamas at 3:00, wondering if you'll ever get a shower...I'm wondering the same thing :) You better call me when you're here!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

mike looks so much like Doug!!

- said...

I love pictures of little mikey! so sweet. It makes me even more excited for our little one to come. Brett has been asking me lately- do you think you can do it? I guess it wont hit me till shes here. good lucj and I hope you get some rest!

steve and amy kaye said...

your boys are so handsome! although we only have one, you made perfect sense. as a parent you just do it! you have no other choice. we admire you so much! hopefully we will see you guys someday soon!

britt said...

wow...i really do look up to you too. not only do you have 3, but that they are so close in age! I barely feel like I have energy to do one while pregnant with another. Which probably sounds like a paradise vacation while drinking a pina colada to you! good luck! you have such a cute family and times like these are the times when I can't be any more grateful for a husband that will help! and I honestly think Heavenly Father gives us moms a shot of adrenaline when we think we can't go anymore...just pray for more of it!

Leah Finch said...

The cutest boys ever!!!!

Casey said...

It gets better. I know mine aren't as close together, but it was still hard in the beginning. Things got a lot better and we settled into a groove after a month or two. Now things are great!

The Hillan Family said...

The three amigos! I love it! The highlight of my day was when Tanner asked if he could come to my house! He melts my heart! I can't wait to see that little bambeeno! And give all of them smoochies! Wooo Weeee!

Cordie said...

I hope it gets easier, good luck! I can't believe you have three boys and they are all so good looking.

Polly said...

Your mom is the best! I remember those days of never feeling like I could get nothing done - it goes by fast - enjoy them and savor it all because in the blink of an eye they will be leaving your home.

Meshan Foutz said...

Just thought I would take a peek at your blog to see if you had your baby and Congratulations- you did! I feel your pain. It seems like it gets harder to recover and get back into the swing of things with each kid I have. Good luck!

Meshan Foutz said...

Oops. I posted with my jewelry site. Come on over to familyfoutz.blogspot.com for a peek at our new little one if you want.

sgmom said...

I had 3 in 30 months. It is done :)

Scott and Jamie said...

Congrats on little Mikey, love reading the whole story... what a great Christmas present! Oh boy, does he look like Doug! what a cutie. Hope all recovery is going well.

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

How cute are your three little boys! It's fun to see them actually all sit together for a picture..so priceless! Well I hope that you can get some sleep sometime and go and do something for your self sometime! Your the WOMAN! Your family is awesome!