
I really don't know where the last 3 years have gone, but I officially have a three year old! I know that seems so young still, but they grow up so fast! Tanner is definitely our social butterfly and he is always making us laugh with the things he says. He was so excited that it was his birthday and when he came and woke me up this morning he said, "Mom, the sun is up and it is my birthday!" and he started jumping up and down! (I tell him that he can't come get me or get out of bed until he sees that the sun is up....usually right around 7am). So I got up and got excited with him and told him that we could go to the donut store (Dunkin Donuts) and he could pick out some Donuts for breakfast. He loves loves loves Donuts so he got his car and his bear and off we went before anyone else was awake. He thought that was the best! Later on we went to playgroup where he loves meeting up with all his nursery friends and then we went to a friends house for some more play time and lunch.
We were lucky to have visitors because Aubs and Chris came into town and so we decided to go to a Nationals game. It was the first time we have ridden the Metro since we have been here this year, but maybe that is because we did it so much last year we haven't felt a total urge to do it. So it was fun to take the boys downtown, especially to experience their first major league baseball game! We got cotton candy and the boys loved the baseball field...probably because it was outside and there are bright lights everywhere. They did really well, considering it was way past their 7-7:30 normal bedtime. They were handing out those green baseball hats and Tanner had to have one because he wanted to be like the rest of the crowd and wave their green hats when someone made a good play. Luckily we made friends with the ticket lady and she rounded one up for him since it was his birthday.
While we were riding down to the ballpark, we made a stop and two large men that wanted to be women, got on the train and sat right behind Tanner and I. I was praying that Tanner didn't say anything to them like "Are you a boy or a girl?"....because he has done that before. But luckily the "LadyMen" did most the talking and giggling and of course Tanner made friends with them rather quickly. Jake just sat on Melissa's lap with his mouth wide open trying to figure it all out. It was hilarious. We had some good conversations and then Chris decided to text us all the following....
$5 parking at the Metro Station
$10 ticket to the Nationals Baseball Game
Meeting a Tranny on your 3rd Birthday....PRICELESS


We are going to celebrate Tanner's birthday on Sunday, so there will be more birthday posts to come, but at least he had a really fun day and he probably would be satisfied with that....but he has to have a cake and some presents or it just wouldn't be right!
7 comments:
Hey gang! What an exciting adventure! Happy Birthday to Tanner!!! This sounds dumb, but who are Aubs and Chris? I swear he looks so familiar. How do I know him?
Oh my gosh. At FOUR this morning I couldn't sleep because it was bugging me! I thought, "Gosh, I can totally picture him!" and then it dawned on me... "OH! He's one of the pilots!" I couldn't remember who he was friends with or how I knew him, but I knew he was one of the "pilot boys" and I think he was friends with my roommate Natalie. Oh sweet relief... things like that drive me crazy. Thanks for helping!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE TANNER! I love when you quote him! It always makes me laugh! By the way, what kind of camera do you have? I'm kinda in the market and it looks like the pictures you take are always so good...maybe that's just because you're a great photographer!
Such a great night. "Ya'll twins?" "You be gettin' busy in the summer!" "Girl, whoever be doin your highlights makin' them look good." Hilarious!
I can't believe he is 3!!! I remember holding him at Super Saturday in Rexburg and he was just soo tiny!! Wow time really does fly!
The age of three is so much fun!! Kids are so cut ethey just say the cutest things. Your boys are darling and I LOVE the matchy matchy outfits!!
happy birthday cutie pants!!
Post a Comment