Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In Transition...

boxes
So April has creeped it's way here way way too fast! I feel like we just got back from Virginia, yet it has been 6 months and we are headed out that direction again already! Crazy how time flies! Doug left last week to head to Virginia where we will spend the next 6 months and I will meet him there when I fly with the boys this next week. No...I decided against driving the 10000000's of miles and hours across the country with a two year old and an almost one year old! I guess maybe I wouldn't have minded if we took like two weeks to do the drive...stopping each night and sleeping and maybe do some sight-seeing....but that is not Doug's idea of fun...and quite frankly not mine either.....so I guess I would have minded!:) We are bunking up with my sister for the next couple of days before we head out! Thanks goodness too because I packed up all our sources of entertainment that I had for my boys and either sent it to our storage unit or I sent it with Doug! Everyday Tanner asks if we are going to go on a trip to "Gaginia" and see Daddy and his cars(which I sent as well)! It will be like Christmas when we get there and he gets to unpack his toys.....and it will also be like Christmas when we get back and we take out the rest of the toys from storage! Who needs to buy new things...just hide them for a while!:) I am excited to get situated in our new place back East and grateful that at least I have some sense of direction around that place this time around. It took me all last summer to figure it out...but now I have a much better idea....plus I know all sorts of doctors since last summer brought all sorts of medical drama in our lives!! So I am not worried there! So I am sorry about the lack of posts, but once I get situated again I will do better. I am about to start making my blog into a book...has anyone does this yet? If you have, please send any tips my way! I forget the website that does it right now, but that is one of my summer projects...along with my digital scrapbooks! Hopefully I can get something accomplished! Right now this is all I can do to stay up to date with our lives!

11 comments:

The Hillan Family said...

Yea! Another adventure! I miss Tanner and Jake and think the only fix is going to be a little visit back east! You will have to tell me what Tanner does when he gets his cars back again!

Erin said...

blurb.com
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard great things. I feel like you guys are already gone. I never see you and hardly talk to you. Boohoo.

Ku'ulei said...

SWEET! Thanks for the post-picture of boxes and all. :) I'm glad to see you guys are alive and... BUSY. Whew!
Knowing your way around this time is definitely a plus!
I've heard of blurb.com. I have friends that use it and love it. I use shutterfly, but that's like doing it twice (twice the uploading, twice the arranging...)

Mindy said...

Hey! I've been wanting to make a book out of our blog too! If you do find out some info or do it..let me know how it turns out! My dilema is finding a website where the pictures will be good quality when printed off-either I'm doing something wrong or haven't found a good site. Anyway, Good luck on the move! I don't envy you about the moving and storage unit and boxes! I had enough of that this past year! I hope you guys have a good time in Virginia though.

Karlee said...

I was telling Kent the other day that I envy ya'll being able to go to Virginia for the summer then go back home to Arizona. I love the whole "live off what you can fit in your car" for the summer and experience a new city for a few months but then return back home just when you are tired off living off NOTHING and you want all your stuff back! I DO NOT envy the packing part though! That sucks! Are ya'll in a house? I thought ya'll were though but if you're packing up your stuff and putting it in storage then maybe not...unless you're renting it out...? Good luck with the move!

Tiffany said...

I am sad to see this post that you are leaving for the summer, you are kinda like what we call "snow birds" around here...you come for the nice weather and ditch us when it gets hot! I am bummed that we didnt get together again, seriously....its crazy how busy life gets and even though we live a few minutes away, it just gets hard to plan! So are you going to build you guys a house here and call Arizona your "home" or whats the plan!?! I would love it if you guys moved out to GIlbert!! ANyways, I am glad that we can at least keep in touch this way through blogs. So you better be updating!

Jess Heather CK and Shay said...

aww how exciting! you guys will have so much fun this summer again! And hopefully Tanner won't bust his leg again! Poor little guy :( Hopefully I'll see you guys sometime soon if not on the cruise! yayy!!

KTLADY said...

Glad to see you're still online! I hope your traveling goes well!!! I wish you could stop here and visit. It seems like forever since I have seen you guys! We miss ya! Good luck! Love, Katie

Casey said...

I've been working with Blurb for our blog and so far it is pretty easy. I like that I don't have to retype anything. It is as close to scrapbooking as I'll ever get. ;)

Have a safe journey to Virginia. I've visited the Virginia Beach area once, many years ago and I thought it was beautiful. So much pretty sand!

the DeCampos Family said...

That totally stinks for you guys. I am sorry that you have to leave again. I was looking forward to a purse party.

The Foster Family said...

Hi Sara- Hope you gals arrived to your hubby's safely. Miss you guys already! I have a link on my blog about the blogs into a book. My cousin (Kent and Becky Rasmussen) has already made a few books and loves them. They are only $12-$15, she just gets it done as a book fills up. If you need her email I can get it to you, her blog is private, but I'm sure Melissa has access to it. She's cool and will answer as many questions as you have on it! Can't wait for your first "Gaginia" post!