
So we finally made it to Virginia! What a day and what a nightmare our flight was! Thank goodness Melissa was flying with me, because if not my nightmare would have been even worse than what it was. She kept asking me the whole flight how I constantly fly across the country by myself with these two little boys...and I said, "I honestly don't know how I do it, but I sweat most the flight and I usually make really good friends with people I have never seen before on my flights." Of course this time the boys were sooooo good, but trying to handle the boys on the flight was not my problem. Let me explain. I specifically booked a nonstop flight from Phoenix to Dulles(DC) so that we could fly 4 1/2 hours straight. Well, we had to do an emergency landing into Chicago because the pilots could not get one of the plane generators to reboot. So we landed and sat on the plane for a while as the flight attendants and pilots kept telling us that we would most likely be taking off again shortly. During this time, Tanner made very good friends with the flight attendants getting all the first class food and eventually made his way up to the cockpit(sp?) where the pilots were letting him look at all the cool buttons and showing him how it was like Christmas with all the lights up there! He was loving life! Well, a while turned into an hour....and eventually they let us off the plane. 20 minutes passed and they cancelled the entire flight. So now we are stuck in Chicago. They ended up getting us on another flight with a totally different airline that flew into Reagan National which is downtown DC. As we were rushing to try and make that flight having to go through security and do all that business again, the security guy decided that he was going to be funny and chose us to do their special check on at security! Well, it wasn't funny...we had the double stroller, Melissa's labtop, the portable DVD player, sippy cups, bottles, and all sorts of bags and backpacks. All things that have to come out of the bags! I mean, I am basically a pro when it comes to flying with all that stuff...but they still have to check all of it and it took forever! Do we really look like a threat!? So then we barely make it on our flight and instead of getting here at 4:30pm that afternoon, we arrived at 9:30pm that night. It took the boys a good 3 to 4 days to adjust to the time difference, so they were going to bed rather late and waking up rather late too...but now we are back on our schedule, which I love! I really love it back East. It is beautiful right now with all the blossoms, and it felt like we never left. We are living in the same complex as last year, I totally know my way around, and I actually feel really comfortable here. Tanner didn't even skip a beat....he remembered his nursery teachers at church and actually walked with them to class from Sacrament. I swear he remembers everything! He does repeatedly tell me that we don't have to go to the doctor so I am pretty sure he remembers that this is where he broke his leg!:) But most of all, it was great to be reunited with Doug! We all missed him soooo much!
7 comments:
SOO glad you made! I would've been stressing out with that whole airline mess!! Especially with TWO boys! I sweat the whole flight with Boston! But that's so great that the flight attendants were being good to Tanner! First class service there! I'm coming to Fairfax this summer to visit a friend who is having a baby! They are working for Pinnacle--are they in your ward?!?
You are quite possibly the strongest woman I know! I could never hack what you had to do and my hat is off to you! Doug is so lucky to have someone who is so flexible and strong! Honestly you are my hero!!! The boys sure have two awesome parents!
Yeah! Finally an update! I really do admire your strength too! I don't know that I could have done what you did without having a meltdown of some sort. Go Sara! Glad you are finally back "home" again! Love you all! Katie
Oh Sara, I can feel your pain. I am so glad my mom flew with me home from Virg. Beach. Having someone to help you makes a world of difference. I am so glad you are having such a great time. Jake is adorable and I can't believe he is already a year old. Fun!
UGH!! You should write a book, "My Airline Adventures!!" It would be a best seller. I love you forever and give everyone a kiss for me. Aunt Jeri
i am glad you are back together again! i can't wait to see all your fun pictures from your new adventures!!!
Hey my best friend Kim who married Spencers best friend are moving out to Virginia to go to law school at George Washington. I will have to find out exactly where they are going to live and let you know. oh, and we live really close to layton, like 3 streets down. I don't really know how else to explain it. Anyway, I hope to see you or talk to you sometime soon- until then we will just have to keep bloggin!! Love ya!
Post a Comment