Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Riding Buddies

When we go anywhere in the car, if Jake or Tanner have something in their hand they usually end up passing it back and forth to each other across the back seat of the car.  It may be a bag of fishies or cheerios that Tanner has and so nicely shares with Jake (meanwhile half of them are dropped all over the back seat), or cars that they bring with them in the car.  They think this is a fun game and it keeps them pretty entertained.  Well, the other day as I was putting Jake in his seat, I  gave him a highlighter to suck on, because it was in the car for some reason, and then I forgot to take it back from him before I started driving.  10 minutes later, I am on my phone and Tanner says "Mom...will you draw me a smiley face?"!  I turn around and Jake's mouth was totally orange(this picture doesn't do it justice) and Tanner was drawing all over him self!  He also told me that he was coloring his nails like I do!  How sweet!:) So lessons learned....Jake has now reached a new level and can take off caps of markers....so don't give  him anything like that!  I think he bit the cap of the actual marker off...gross!....and that is why his mouth was so orange.  Second lesson...remind Tanner that only girls paint their nails....not boys!  His Dad would be so proud!  I proceeded to find highlighter all over their clothes and in random spots throughout the day!  Good times! 

3 comments:

Karlee said...

That's HILARIOUS! You would think that he would've been totally disgusted by the taste and wouldn't have bit the actual marker part off! Tanner even managed to get his toes...IMPRESSIVE!

Erin said...

Eewww. But very funny. Never a dull moment. Tanner was very observant about the smiley face. It does look like Jakey has a half smile. So cute.

Ku'ulei said...

Ah, yes! The random joys! We've had a marker incident here as well - permanent red marker, that is!