Pro-Tanner's femur will be healed. (cross your fingers)
Pro-It taught Tanner and I both to be a little more patient.
Pro-Feels good to know that if this was permanent, he would definitely have adapted just fine.
Now the cons....
Con-The cast can be deadly...I mean he can flip that thing around so fast and it is so hard and it's not like he is doing it intentionally, he is just trying to be as normal as possible....therefore I have so many scrapes and bruises on my legs from that thing.
Con-He stinks bad!! I have only been able to sponge bathe him for 6 weeks now. I am convinced though that the smell is quite frankly that cast, because I clean what area is left to clean as much as possible. I don't know why anyone would want to keep their cast...so nasty!!
Con-Rash after infection after Rash after infection....toddler still in diapers with a full body cast....enough said!
Con-The poor boy sweats his brains out because he gets so hot so easy. He doesn't even sleep with a blanket on because he doesn't need one. I am sure his little body will have to do some adjusting when they take that electric blanket off of him.
Con-The cast has caused major meltdowns and frustrations for him.
Con-Practically a broken wrist from carrying him around.
Okay, so that is all I can think of right now, and even though there are not too many more cons than pros, they definitely outweigh each other by a long shot. I would never wish this experience upon any child. And I don't want to sound like I am complaining, I am just trying to get the whole experience on paper (somewhat). I think that after he gets it off we will come home and take the best bubble bath ever and then go get ice cream or something. I am scared to see what is growing under all of that camo...but hopefully it is just dead skin. We went to the mall today and I had talked to Tanner this morning about him getting his cast off tomorrow and so when we parked he said, "All done!! Mom get cast off!!" It was cute, but I had to try to tell him that he still had one more day. I think he kinda has an idea that it is coming, he surprises me with his memory. I am so excited for tomorrow though!!! The big day...the big removal!!! It is almost as good as Christmas! I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight!
2 comments:
That really does sound horrible..poor little guy..I feel so bad for him..good thing it's off tommorrow!!! That would feel like christmas to me also! I also didn't know about Pottery Barn kids book club, I will have to check it out! And I will be in Oregon for Thanksgiving...it would be awesome to see you!
Sara-
I know I talked to you last night but I hope today went okay and that his cast is finally gone! I can't imagine the mold/fungi that has grown under it. So nasty!! It looks like he has been a trooper through all this!
Post a Comment