Awaiting the outcome of the X-rays....
Headphones applied and crying begins!
And the sawing starts!
More sawing....
More crying....
Our caster...Hubbard....we loved him(Well, Doug and I did...I don't know if Tanner liked him very much:))
POP!!! Off it came!!
The whole thing went really well. Tanner wasn't very happy about having his cast off because he had adapted to it so well. Every time I said "Yeah, you got your cast off!", he would start crying....like he lost a part of himself or something. We got home around 11:30 from our appointment and he just wanted his bed because he was exhausted. He slept until 4:00 that afternoon! I couldn't believe it...but he woke up with a really high fever. I think it was just from so much shock and trauma...he was pretty hysterical when Hubbard was taking it off. So I gave him some tylenol and we took a bath. He still wouldn't stand on his leg....and he wouldn't bend it either because his knee joint was so stiff from being straight for so long. So after his bath, he layed on the couch and watched Cars and then went to bed at 7:02pm. Oh...and he ate some grapes in between that...but nothing else. So the day of celebrating that I had envisioned was totally different, but that is okay. He is doing a lot better today and has been walking on it a little more. He still limps like he is in the cast and keeps it straight, but I think the more he moves the better it will get. I don't think it will take very long for him to be back to normal. The best part.....HE WEIGHS A TON LESS AND HE DOESN'T STINK!!!!
1 comment:
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! The great day has come! Poor guy - what a traumatic event for him. I'm so glad it's off. Sounds like he had quite the day adjusting. :( It's like you said though - at least it's off!
Post a Comment