Jake turned 4 today! We seem to always be talking about the "next birthday" in our family. The boys are always asking whose birthday is going to be next and when is it and then we have to go through the whole family so there is always A LOT of build up! So when Jake's finally got here there was a ton of excitement! He woke up the morning of his birthday to some packages and a new Radio Flyer Big Wheel! (I have had that thing in storage for a couple years...thanks to my bargain gift stash... and I had Doug put it together the night before....don't worry that he put it together upside down before he put it together right side up!...It was so funny!
After opening up his gifts he chose Hot Chocolate and toast for breakfast! Jake loves him a good breakfast and Hot Chocolate is definitely his first pick! Breakfast is by far the meal he eats the best. It's always two or three bowls of cereal....two bowls of oatmeal...three pancakes...two cups of cocoa and lots of toast. GREAT breakfast eater and an okay lunch and dinner eater! After breakfast we cleaned up a little and we were off to get our free dozen at Krispy Kreme and to pick up some balloons for his party that afternoon!
Jake is my hat boy....he loves wearing his hat! He wears his hat every day sometimes just so he doesn't have to do his hair! He has even worn it in the bathtub and no I didn't fight it until it was time to wash his hair, which he was fine with....but when he got out and dressed he put it right back on. I am pretty sure he feels empty without one on! Mammy and Papa gave him a new Colorado Rockies hat and Emma gave him an Adidas hat on his birthday so now he is so excited to have options!!

Jake is my snuggly little puppy dog. He is the one that will sneak into our bed on a regular basis and cuddle right up. He is also the one who is constantly asking his Daddy to wrestle. He is very playful but can be very shy. He had a hard time going to nursery for a while until he got used to his teachers and then he had a hard time going to Sunbeams for a while until he got used to those teachers. Once he becomes familiar with you he usually lets down his guard. His favorite snack ever is graham crackers and milk. He would eat it every single day and sometimes he does. He isn't a huge fan or pizza....weird, I know. He still likes to chew on everything. I can always find something odd in his mouth....I swear he has all his teeth...I don't know why he likes to chew on stuff so much. He loves to be outside and that is usually where I find him or where ever Tanner is. They are pretty much inseparable....really. He loves preschool and gets excited to go! (hopefully it stays this way when Tanner and him are at different schools next year!) He can't wait until he is five so that he can get a booster and not have to sit in his car seat anymore. He loves to dance and be goofy. He thinks he is pretty funny most of the time and he loves to make Tanner and Mikey laugh. He likes to growl and try and scare Mikey. It is actually a game they are playing constantly because Mikey thinks its funny and runs and Jake chases him like a growling raptor. He has to have his pants tight enough that they won't fall down or even sag too much or he won't wear them. And he also has to have his shoes tight enough so that they won't fall off, or no shoes at all which is usually how it is around these parts.

We sure do love our JakeyMan!!! Happy 4th Birthday!
His sports party is coming up next!!



6 comments:
He is SO SO cute!! Those dimples...and I love little boys in baseball caps. So adorable.
So cute!! I miss my Jakey man! How did I miss this post? I'm sad we weren't there for the days events...or I should say the weekends events. Love you!
I miss that Jakey boy! He is so cute and growing up so fast! He looks adorable in his hats too...so funny! Love you!
4 already? It seems like just yesterday that he was a newborn when you guys were in Fairfax. Time really has flown by! What a little stud muffin you have..I love how particular he is about hats, pants, and shoes! So cute :)
ummm how is Jakey 4?! Where does time go? Happy Birthday to that sweet little man.
Jake is so dang adorable! Seriously you make the cutest most handsome little boys I've ever seen! I can't believe he is 4! Sounds like a fun little man!
Post a Comment