Friday, September 17, 2010

Tanner Man turns 5!!!

I keep asking Tanner if he will stop growing up and he just laughs at me and says "Mom!! I can't stop...I need to go to school all day and then I will come home and you will see me and help me with my homework!" He is so anxious to start "real" school! He can hardly stand it...but one more year of preschool will have to do!
We had a little Star Wars party for his birthday since it is his latest obsession. One of his gifts...(the Star Wars helmet that talks and lights up) was our centerpiece and I made some cupcakes ....pretty simple but he LOVED it!
Price, Nash, and Emma came over with Aunt Emily and Grandma and we ate ice cream and cupcakes and opened presents. Then they all ran around like crazy with their blow-up lightsabers and beat up Doug for a bit!! They were soooo excited!!
Tanner was on a kick with his funny faces in pictures.....I think he learned it from his father!!:)
Oh how the tables are turning!!:)
After our little shin-dig at the house we loaded up and headed over to Bounce-U for two hours of pure craziness! We met the Nygrens and the Buchanans as well, who were just getting out of school but of course I didn't get any pictures with them! It was hard enough to get the ones I did get because of everyone everywhere!!:)
I think the party was a success! Tanner was in heaven and they all had a great time!!
Happy Birthday Tanner!!
(By the way...he has already asked me how many days until his next birthday...and how many weeks)

Some things I want to remember about Tanner:
*He loves candy and will do and eat anything healthy just so he can get some sugar!
*His favorite breakfast besides anything with syrup is a fried egg and toast! He will rarely eat cereal unless it has some kind of sugar on it....which usually results in oatmeal because he can put some brown sugar in it.:)
*He loves anything crafty and likes to color and do projects all the time!
*He always wants to learn...anything and everything!
*Still a social butterfly!
*He loves Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, and Star Wars and is always wanting to play the computer or daddy's phone....which is definitely restricted!
*Loves pickles and homemade tacos!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Tan Man!! I can't believe he is already 5! He is getting so big! Sounds like a fun party. Miss you guys!