The birthday boy started out his morning with a date to IHOP for smiley face pancakes with his Mammy and Papa and cousin Nathan. I had to wake him up so that he could go and at first he wouldn't wake up, but then I whispered in his ear "Tanner, It's your birthday...Mammy and Papa want to take you to breakfast!" And he shoots up like he was never asleep and says..."Mom! It's my birthday! I am four! I get to use the special birthday bowl! I am sooo lucky! I am sooo lucky! I am sooo lucky!" haha...funny!
Then later that morning I took Tanner with me to pick out some yummy lunch stuff(basically food that I ususally don't buy) for us to take to the park. We had so much fun at the grocery store...just Tanner and Me! Our lunch consisted of Lunchables, Caprisuns, a bag of cheetos, and a bag of BBQ chips....and let's not forget the fruit leathers that he saw last minute in the produce section. He said "Oh MOM! We HAVE to have these!"
We went to the best park in Highland's Ranch. It was the perfect day and there was barely anyone there which made it even better!
Sweet Kendall
After wearing the boys out at the park we came home and took naps and I whipped out this bad boy. Tanner kept saying he wanted a spiderman cake and I couldn't really figure out why. He has never seen the movie or do we have any spiderman stuff in our house....but whatever. Then I was talking to Melis and she reminded me that Price had a spiderman cake and I remembered showing Tanner his cake back in June. And the it all made sense....so here you have it...a Spiderman cake....thank goodness I only have to please 4 year olds and younger. :) All the boys loved it though and that is what matters!(my favorite part was that I made it a red velvet cake...because that is my favorite and since it was red it worked perfect!)
They really are monkeys!:)
It is sad to watch my baby grow up...man he is getting so big! I had three favorite moments today with Tanner where I almost had tears drop.
The first one was when we were decorating the cake I said "Tanner, I am sad that you are getting so big! I want you to be little again! I don't want you to grow up!" and he said, "Why mom? Because you can't hold me anymore because I am so big!?" and I just smiled and said...."Yes".
And finally tonight when I was putting the boys to bed he kinda started to whine and started to say "Mom....will you lay...(and then he stopped and looked at me with this big smile and proceeded to say)...nevermind....I am 4!" And that was that!
8 comments:
what a sweet little boy!!
happy birthday tan! awesome job on the cake sara! and happy late birthday too! im sorry you have had to wait so long to see doug! i cant imagine! i hope everything is going good!
Ahh...that just melts my heart!! What a sweetie! Your cake is adorable, and I love how you just kinda whipped it up like it was no big deal...Very cute!
Happy birthday tanner! WOW, 4 years old! He is soooo adorable and when I read the last part of your blog, it started to make me tear up! He's too sweet! You're lucky to have such a cute little man on your hands!
such cute stories!! Your boys are so cute. You cake turned out GREAT!
You did such a good job on the awesome Spiderman cake! Tanner is so cute!
Way better cake than mine. Very impressive! We're glad you are back for a short time before the freezing Idaho winter. BRRRR! Isn't there anything we can do to keep you here?
Happy Birthday handsome!!! And Happy belated to you Sara (and Melissa). What a fun day he had! We miss you guys like crazy. Atleast once a week Abbey will ask if you guys have a new house in AZ or if you're still visiting with Tanners Nana in CO. She doesn't forget a thing. I can't believe he's 4. Seems like just yesterday he was not even 2 with a broken femur, huge and stinky cast. Time flies. Well we sure do miss you guys. Hope you are well and enjoying your time with family. We will be in CO from the 25(?)of Dec till Jan4th. If you are in town, PLEASE, let's get together.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment