We had a blast this year on 4th of July! The day started with a pancake breakfast at the church and then Melis and I decided to take the boys to the Fairfax 4th of July Parade. It was so fun! Tanner has never been to a parade before and he thought it was the best thing ever! He was so happy watching cool vintage cars, firetrucks, bands, and big floats walk right in front of him! Not to mention a High School dance team that did a booty shake and got down....and I mean down right in front of us! Holy Cow....we were laughing so hard, but that is a whole other story! Anyways, Jake actually enjoyed every second too....there was not a moment where I had to return their attention to the parade, because it never left the parade! I loved it because growing up we would always to the Clearfield parade in Utah and either ride in my Grandpas old cars in the parade and throw out taffy to the kids or stand on the sidelines and get a huge bag of candy!! That is one of my favorite 4th of July memories....spending it with Grandma and Grandpa, and I absolutely love love love traditions, so hopefully we can make this one for our family too. Anyways, later that afternoon we had a bbq with some friends in the ward and then headed back home to meet Doug(who had just gotten home from selling). He got some fireworks to do with the boys and it worked out perfect because right after we did those it started to rain really hard! So much for going to the firework show at the highschool here in town(which was the plan), instead we just played with the boys and watched the big fireworks show on tv while the boys were in bed! Happy Independence Day!



12 comments:
BIG day! Funny that they dropped it like it's hot for you. Ha HA! The boys are getting so big. Especially Jakers! Cute kids.
I can't wait to hear the booty shakin story! You have to call me! I love parades! I can just see Tanner and Jake lovin it! I
That sounds so fun. I remember the parades in Clearfield with my Grandparents too. It brought back that great feeling. I'm counting down the days.
I would so love to be partners on Wheel!! I can't wait to watch the Bachelorette tonight... so I'm a little obsessed. I wish Graham would come back and talk some sense into DeAnna... like say, "just because I have trouble communicating doesn't mean you are PERFECT... we can work these things out. I just needed a little time and space. Now I know you're the one. Let's get married." What do you think?? Hey, it could happen. Alright, but if it didn't happen, I would totally vote for Jason. Jesse doesn't even know how he wants to earn a living. I like him, but you know. Anyway. We can discuss this more later. I love your family and wish we could see you! Have I said that already>???
Cute pictures! I love the people back east, they are so patriotic! That parade looked awesome, wow! You all looked so good.
I love those beach pictures of your boys, those are precious!! So, how far along are you now? I cant wait till you find out what you are having.
And I have to agree with ktlady on the Graham comment, I am so with her! That ending was so dissappointing.
your boys are SO Adorable, seriously!!! and if you have a girl, then thats just not fair, she will be GORGEOUS! glad you had a happy 4th!!! by the way I love the B&W beach pics!!
hey you! Looks like you guys had a blast on the 4th ( I am glad that doug got a little time off!)
Loved the pics of Tanner with the cast....I can't even imagine!
HI!!! I have been off line forever and I have been missing out! I love it, your kids are so dang cute! It looks like you have had a blast this summer!
i can't believe how big the boys are getting!!! when do you find out who is next in line??
Sara-
I love your blog! It is so cute and you seriously have the best looking family ever! We have loved the opportunity we have had to be here this summer and have had such a great experience. Your boys keep me from being home sick from my younger siblings. Thanks.
Post a Comment