Monday, March 3, 2008

T-MAN

Tanner is becoming quite the funny little 2 year old these days. He is growing up way too fast! He wants to be so independent too and a lot of times I let him do whatever it is he wants to try and do by himself because that is what growing up is all about, no matter how big of a mess he makes trying, but sometimes I just want to help him and wish he would just stay small and dependent for just a little longer!

He acts like he is as old as the 8 year old neighbor boys that he likes to play with and asks to play with constantly every single day! It is pretty cute although I can't just let him play in the front yard by himself quite yet....even though I wish I could.

He is still obsessed with his cars, trucks, and anything mobile. But I don't think that that obsession will ever go away. Lately he has been into building parking lots with his blocks for all his cars. He also likes to use his tools from his tool bench to build towers that have surprises under each hollow block...thanks Melis for this daily entertainment...it keeps him entertained for quite some time. The funniest part about it is that he puts surprises(cars or trucks) under each block and then when he pulls that part of the tower off he acts like he had no idea what he put under there and his facial expressions are classic! What a fun creative game! We like to take turns doing silly faces too...I do different ones each time, yet Tanner's seem to be the same silly face each time and he thinks they are so funny! Here we are doing a silly face for the camera. I feel like lately he has been stubborn with even looking and smiling for the camera so any picture I get is a lucky shot.


He also likes to pretend that he is sleeping when he really isn't, and he loves it when Daddy puts him to bed and tells him his special stories! I read the books, but Doug tells him these stories that Tanner loves! It is funny when Doug says that he will put him to bed it usually means that Doug is going to take a nap too...because he never comes back out of Tanners room and they will both fall asleep so fast! Then I go check on them and Doug is snoring and Tanner is dead asleep. I'm sure it is nice to have a little different routine than what I do every day. Like when Doug puts Tanner in his pajamas...it is usually basketball shorts and a t-shirt because he says that that is so much more comfortable than those other pajamas that he has!:) He always makes naptime so much fun...like when they get to take special naps in Mom and Dads bed!! (probably because Doug will be more comfortable for his nap, but Tanner thinks that it is the best thing ever!) I love it and so does Tanner!

These two are so much alike it kills me! Tanner still wants to go on every trip that Doug has to go on, and I am sure that Doug wishes he could take him...but at least they can pack their suitcases together and that is where it ends. Doug left for Utah today and when he got there he called and Tanner answered my phone and asked "Did you get there safe?" . I never know what he is going to say...but it is usually pretty funny. Whenever we are in the car Doug and Tanner take turns doing Nacho Libre quotes and it is hilarious! Tanner will say "Thank you for coming today!" in this 2 year old spanish accent and then Doug will say one and then Tanner will come back with "Get that corn outta my face!" in that same 2 year old spanish accent and they will go on and on.

Tanner has also started to have a lot of little imaginary friends. He carries little babies or birds in between his hands alot. He will ask you if you want to see the baby or he will say "Mom...listen to the baby...he is sad" and he is usually whispering while cupping his hands together. I love how kids can just develop into having imaginary playmates! It is so fun...or how they just pretend to give you some imaginary food...it is amazing to me how their minds just start to accept the whole imaginary thing. The other day Tanner woke up screaming from his nap and so I ran in there to get him and see what was wrong and he wouldn't say anything. And then half way down the hallway he says..."Mom...the spiders are going to get me!" and I said..."Where are the spiders...is there one in your bed?" and he said "No...the spiders in the water!" and I said "Well, are you okay?" and he said "Yes, I'm okay..they didn't get me!" I think that he was having one of his first bad dreams and he didn't know how else to explain it. I don't know why that would scare him though. Real spiders have never scared him, so it must have been a lot or a really big one to really have gotten to him! Quite the character!

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Tanner is so adorable!! He is going to be a hunk when he is older!! I loved reading about everything he is doing!! It kind of makes me sad that Mitch isn't getting a boy first because I could totally picture him like Doug with Tanner!! But hopefully he will get a boy someday!! Tanner looks older than 2 to me, he looks like he is 4, he is just growing so much!!

Casey said...

Your kids are so cute! Tanner has so much personality. I think 2 is such a fun age. Congrats to the little beaver on his new teeth! ;)

Karen said...

I love that tanner says get that corn out of my face. That is our favorite quote from the movie. Tanner is so cute. It sounds like he is so fun to have around.

The Hillan Family said...

Thank you for the update! I love hearing all about Tanner's personality. He is a keeper! This is a perfect "journal" entry. I think you are doing an awesome job! A few hours is all you need and then you will feel better. I so know what you mean though!

Rachael said...

My mom and Ron have not stopped talking about how cute Tanner was when they saw him. Ron especially loved him! He is so cute and it looks like his personality is so cute as well! Jake is so cute too! Isn't teething the worst! Jack has 12 teeth now! Can you believe it...what a nightmare!

KTLADY said...

I am falling in love with your little boys! They are so precious, and I can't even tell you how much your Tanner reminds me of Noah. I can't wait for them to get to play together! Cute!!

Amber Hemsley said...

I can't believe that your little baby is now two years old! Where has the time gone? He sounds like a cutie. I can't wait for Jocelyn to develop her personality more.

Mindy said...

He is so cute. I can't wait for Ally to talk more so I can understand what it is she is blabbering about. Doug sounds like a really good dad too.

kimberlee shaffer said...

He is such a handsome little man!! You have a very beautiful family. Can Ireland marry one of your boys one day?

Erin said...

love the diaper wedgie!