Sunday, November 14, 2010

ABC NEWS

Our whole pregnancy (meaning Melissa and I's)....we got looks, we got comments, we basically got it all! People would tell us all the time to call the paper, or call TLC because they would love something like this! But of course we never did. But the night of Nov. 1st, Greg called Doug and said "ABC wants to come do an interview with you guys...find out if it is okay with the hospital!" I totally thought that he was kidding, but he was dead serious. So after getting in touch with the hospitals PR people and they of course wanted the coverage...we went ahead and gave ABC the go ahead. I am so glad that we have this for our babies to have in the future. All our family was trying to find the clip on ABC's website after it aired, but they could never find it. So the following day when I was talking to Jonathan he said "Sara, if you want to see the clip just go look on the front page of yahoo!....it is one of their videos!" Apparantly it was sold to Associated Press and then you could find it on way more than even Yahoo! I couldn't believe it....I was never expecting that it would go that far! It was hilarious! Good times....Good times....especially when they called baby Anna, ANA with a spanish accent! That was the best part of it all! Sooooooo funny! That was from the original clip though, so most people probably didn't see that one unless they were in AZ. Kyle was ticked....but it really was sooo funny! That's what happens when you live so close to Mexico I guess! No matter what though, I hope these two will be the best of friends!! I hope Luke is little Anna's protector...(once they get through the toddler stage)....because we all know he has her beat on size by a long shot!:) (and by the way...I was so out of it on pain meds during the whole thing that I could barely keep my eyes open...but we made it through the 30 second gig!...thanks to Lortab of course!)
Getting ready for the shoot!
Melis and I with our Nurse Courtney who delivered both of us.
The Crew....Kyle thought that it would have been funny to switch husbands right before they did the shoot....and then only people that knew us would know of the joke. Melis and I opted against the idea!:)
I love this picture...Luke's cheeks are so chubby and just sitting on his shoulders and he has this little smirk on his face with Anna in the background.

Me and baby Luke
Melis and baby Anna Mae

5 comments:

Aubree said...

Classic! So happy for you guys and your little ones. Hopefully we can hook up next week. Love you!

jonathan said...

Aaawesooome

Rebekah said...

That is a great story! Your little babies are adorable! I also love that picture of Luke with Anna in the background. So fun!

Judy said...

Such a fun thing...I still can't believe that happened! I think the Beehive is still planning to do a story after the first of the year.

I love you wonderful sisters!

Shannon said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for both your families! Both little ones are SO CUTE!