Our second day in Newport was a little overcast, but not rainy so we headed to the bike shop to rent out bikes for the day! We loved riding them on the boardwalk and onto the ferry to explore Balboa Island! It really was so fun and it actually felt really good to ride a bike even though I was 8 months prego. It moved my joints that seem to be aching a lot lately and it made me really excited to have less poundage on my body! (not that I wasn't already excited:))

We checked out all the fun little shops over on Balboa and got the yummy Balboa bars and then continued on our bike ride back across the ferry and onto what they call "The Wedge". There the kiddies played more in the sand and we just hung out and watched the skim boarders. Doug, Kyle, and Greg probably could have watched them all day!

Then we headed to get a bite to eat! We were all famished! Pizza and hamburgers....tasty!


Then back to the beach house for a relaxing evening where apparently their were games played after the kids went to bed, but after two attempts to wake me up from falling asleep with the boys....I missed out. But it did feel nice to sleep....I was all tuckered out from that bike ride apparently and the fact that Sarah and Melis and I stayed up until like 2am chatting!!:) Woops!
1 comment:
We always go to Balboa with Lance's family and were so sad we didn't get to go this year. Yum...a balboa bar!
Post a Comment