As we were leaving church today I noticed that Mikey's face was starting to look a bit on the rashy side. Nothing that I was too worried about, but he was starting to itch it a little bit on the way home in the car. After we got home and I was changing him into some comfy clothes I noticed a rash on the rest of his body. He started to seem rather irritated and I didn't know what to do. Should we take him to urgent care?....should I just give him some tylenol and put him down for his nap? I ended up running to Walgreens and getting some benadryl. I got home and gave him some and Doug put him down for his nap. I decided to lay down because I was exhausted and wasn't feel well that day anyways. Papa was over visiting and when I woke up he told me that Mikey had woke up from his nap and Doug wasn't feeling good about his rash and was worried that it may start affecting his breathing, so he took him straight to Urgent Care since it was a Sunday and our Pediatricians office was closed. Doug took this picture on their way in the car. He was so puffed up and red....sad...it didn't even look like our Mikey! The doctor said that if it didn't go down in a couple hours to take him to the ER, but he didn't seem too concerned. He said that he must have had an allergic reaction to something. We still don't know what that is, but I just hope it doesn't happen again.

No comments:
Post a Comment