Melis and Jaycee came to visit for a whole week and we had such a blast! The boys LOVE LOVE LOVE having Jaycee around.....but of course they don't know it any other way. And of course they love having their other mother around at their beck and call....they LOVE their Missa! It had only been 5 minutes from getting home from picking them up at the airport and Tanner says to Melis, "Missa?.....you probably shouldn't ever leave!" (in the sweetest voice) Melt your little heart! Picking them up from the airport was pretty funny too. The anticipation was too
much for little Mikey....he wanted to see Jaycee the second we got to the airport! We had to drive around and around though because Melis came out the wrong door and had to figure out
how to get down to arrivals, so everytime we left arrivals without them in the car, Mikey had a heart attack! It was pretty funny. But we finally got them and it was a very cute reunion! When Jaycee got into the car she just kind of looked around for a minute and then Tanner and Jake
started talking to her and it was like it all came back! They all started to literally squeal with excitement and Jaycee just started laughing and pointing at the DVD player just like she always did. We did a ton while they were here.....multiple thrift stores, swimming at the pool, multiple park trips to different parks, ate and ate and ate, the ridge wreck center, lilly gulch gym, garage saling, pedicures, shopping, and taking care of sick babies....were just some of the things we did! We had so much fun and it is always sad to see them go.....but no worries because we go to
Houston in July!
Day One: Today was spent picking up from airport and then home for some lunch and naps for the babes. The boys made these cute paintings at Mammy's to put on their beds as a little welcome and had been saving them in a special spot for a couple weeks now!

Highlight of Day ONE: When the babies woke up, we headed to this thrift store where you can find childrens books grouped in these huge lots according to age level for way way way cheap! And a lot of them are barely used! Melis and I love kids books, so you better believe we were all over this! Wednesdays are senior citizen day so you get another 50% off if you are over 65 and don't worry....a worker found us a make shift grandma and she was so happy to help us save 50% more! Fun fun!!
Day Two: We spent the day at Civic Green Park. Splash pad....huge field....park....creek and pond(which were not open yet, but we had the splash pad so it didn't matter). It was a beautiful day and we could have spent the entire day outside. The kids played in the water, ate a picnic lunch, found ladybugs, and ran and ran!



After naptime we headed out the Mike and Deb's for a surprise birthday party for Drake and Kaden.



HIGHLIGHTS OF DAY TWO: Tanner teaching Jake to pee outside in the middle of the huge open field at the park....which Melissa completely got documented on camera. Maybe she will post pictures of that on her blog because she is private....(which I will be going back private soon as well....so leave your email) and the other highlight was driving home from Debbie's and Mikey throwing up EVERYWHERE....I am talking a ton and Melis catching half of it in a bag and more than the other half in her hands while we are driving 75 on the freeway! Poor guy and poor Melis....and that is when it began...the sickness!
More to come!!
8 comments:
so jealous of your summer! we are freezing here in the rain. keep me on the blog roll katie7r@msn.com
Hey! Looks like you guys are having fun in Colorado. It's ok here in TX but its HOT. Our email is jennahaynie@gmail.com
Looks like you had a great time together- except for the sickies- no fun! Our email is pebbles831@aol.com.
I am so glad you guys had a blast Nate so excited when Melissa and Jaycee got back. He missed them and asked for them everyday they were gone. I am excited for you to come to Houston, Nate will love having some boys around...we are surrounded by girls here, see you in July!! my email is lisa_anderson_@hotmail.com
I don't know how I missed this post yesterday. Keep them up and then I won't have to write all about it...ha! Love it! Oh we miss it already...but boy do we have big plans for next month.
Hi I am a friend of Melissa's I worked with her at University of Phoenix. I enjoy seeing the family grow, I enjoy reading your blog as well. It always trips me out seeing pictures of you and Melissa together. I have to stop and really look to see who is who. TWO extremly beautiful girls! Well I would love to continue reading your blog. akc0228@gmail.com - PS I just moved back to Phoenix from Denver. We will be up there for two weeks at the end of July. I abstoulety LOVE LOVE LOVE Denver!
I want to see pics of that new baby on the way! Add me to your roll if there is room.
azufelt@gmail.com
Hey when you went private last time I didn't realize and didn't get to leave you my email...its a-jamison@hotmail.com. Pass it on to Melissa too...i would love to keep up with her too! So glad she got to come visit..so fun! How are you liking Denver?? We LOVE that place..wish we could be there this summer:)
Post a Comment