Sunday, June 13, 2010

Missa and Jaycee continued...

DAY FOUR, FIVE, and SIX: Friday was spent at the pool all morning. Here we learned that Mikey just likes to jump in all by himself....which doesn't surprise me and all four of them really are definite crazy water babies! Of course we have no pictures to document our time there, but we had a good time and we wore them all out....which is what I love about going to the pool. We came back for a late lunch and naps and then afterwards we headed to Targetfor our usual run. Kind of a relaxing day. Although at Target Tanner started saying that his stomach hurt so we didn't think anything of it except that he had to go to the bathroom. So Melis took him and it didn't get better. We checked out and on the way out he started crying and turned pretty pale with dark circles. We got in the car and headed home and sure
enough....he lost his cookies in a Target bag. We made it home and got everyone in bed and situated and just vegged. Tanner was up all night throwing up and not feeling good and he was pretty much out for the count all of Saturday too. I felt so bad for him. His little body was so weak...he would wake up just to throw up and then when he was done he would literally just fall over and go right back to sleep. Sad.:(
But instead of letting this dampen our millions of plans, we took turns getting much much much needed pedicures! It was sooo nice! It would have been great to go enjoy them together, but instead taking turns worked out just fine. The kids just played and painted and colored and danced and did what they do best when they are cooped up!
By late that afternoon we strapped the kids in and headed to Aspen Grove where we took turns making returns and shopping for just a bit while the kids watched a movie in the car. We had a babysitter lined up for that night to go to dinner with the office, but I wasn't feeling good about leaving Tanner so we cancelled and just stayed in. Sunday was a great day, Tanner was finally feeling better except it hadn't been 24 hours completely so Doug kept him and Mikey at home while we went to church. Doug and I were called to Nursery the second week we were in this ward and since Doug wasn't there and we were a little short on help, Melis stayed with me in there. We got home and started baking before we headed to dinner at Jimmy and Cari's. It was a gorgeous day and they all just played outside to their hearts content!
Of coure everyone wanted a little bit of daddy! He is so much fun!!:)
Jaycee and Mikey couldn't get enough of him tossing them in the air!
Tanner is such a good helper and loves to push the babies!!

HIGHLIGHTS OF THESE DAYS: Jaycee calling me mommy and Doug daddy. It was really cute....and she does know how to say our names:). Tanner teaching Jake how to play soccer in Mammy and Papa's backyard. The dialogue was pretty funny. And how excited and anxious Jaycee and Mikey get for a protein shake or smoothie every morning!! And I am sure many more I can't think of at this late hour!:)

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

haha they are already the best of friends... so fun! I'm so sad about Tanner though, that is no fun at all. I remember being about his age and getting a flu like that. I was up all night throwing up, sleeping in my little mermaid sleeping bag at the side of mom and dad's bed. And then I slept the rest of the day. That felt goo-ood. Love you guys!