Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who doesn't play "House"?

Growing up I can remember that my siblings and I always played "house" or "school" on a regular basis.  Either Erin had all of her materials out and would put us youngins to work as our teacher or Melis and I and Jonathan and Paul would play like we were getting married....sometimes Melis and I would be the boys and Jonathan and Paul would be the girls.  It is actually pretty funny when you look back at the pictures, but that is beside the point.  Lately Tanner and Jake have been playing so well together.  And lately a lot of the time when they are not wrestling they are playing "house"!  
One morning I went and told them that I was going to take their family photo.  Here they are....Tanner is always the mom.....Jake is always the dad....and Buster(yes, that stuffed pug) is always the baby.  I don't know where Tanner got that name, but one day that is what he decided to call him.  He loves that dog....he has taken it for show and tell at preschool probably three times.
On one occassion, Tanner came into my room while playing house and jumped up on the bed and told me that he was going to feed Buster.  And then he proceeded to lift up his shirt and nurse him!:)  Whenever Doug asks Tanner what Mommy is feeding Mikey he says, "He is feeding him milk and it comes out of her tummy!"  At least we are still somewhat innocent around here!
Sometimes they will go upstairs and make their "house", which is basically everything they can find thrown all together in one spot.  This particular day it was in the loft, but sometimes they will throw everything on their beds and I mean everything!  I rarely put a stop to it because it keeps them occupied and when they are playing so nicely together who really cares what they are doing...right?(well, to some extent) :)  And they are really good helpers when it comes to cleaning up their house!

7 comments:

jonathan said...

I have no recollection of playing the part of a girl. Really. Seriously.

Emily said...

I love when your boys come over and play kitchen with Emma or even by themselves. It is good for them, even if the dad around here wouldn't let us get one until we had a little girl to enjoy it. A nice grill worked for the boys.

Karen said...

Those games were the best to play, house, school, office, library. I feel the need to give Haylee some siblings just so she won't miss out on these old school games. They aren't the same playing them with friends.

steve and amy kaye said...

your boys are too funny! isn't it fun seeing all the stages they go through? that's awesome they play so well together. we are excited for isabella to have a sibling. their "house" is my favorite part.

Heather said...

SARA!!! I just saw that you guys are coming back!! I can't wait to see you guys. Abbey is going to be so excited and Jack and Jake are going to be the perfect playmates. YAY!!!

Mandy said...

Hey Sara - i'm so glad you guys are coming back! I have a quick question for you but don't have your email address...can you email me when you get a chance? it is mandybvoges at gmail. Thanks so much!

Rachel said...

sssooooooo CUTE!!!! IT is so great when they play so nice together!!