That's right, he is officially potty trained! No more diapers for Mikey! I have never potty trained as early as two and a half. I mean, if my boys want to sit on the toilet then fine, but I never push it before age three. But when Melissa was going to potty train Jaycee I thought I better give it a go and Mikey wanted to, so I said okay! The first go was hit and miss...he was doing great but then he got really sick. I'm talking throw up and diarrhea and there was no way we were going to potty train through that. It was pretty sad and he wanted to keep wearing underwear, but I had to explain to him that we could try again when he wasn't sick so that we didn't have any accidents. We were heading to Newport for the first week of Fall break and I wasn't going to worry about it there, so I figured maybe when we got back. I'm not going to lie though, he wasn't doing as good with it when we got back from our trip and I was sooooo close to throwing in the towel! But we still had another week of Fall break and we didn't have anywhere to be so I knew that this was the perfect chance to give it another go. And I am so glad that I did because it just clicked!!! And he has been my best potty trained boy yet!! He never (okay rarely)) has an accident and he even sleeps through the night dry! No pull-ups for him! His older brothers can't even say that! It's seriously a miracle! By the time he had it down he didn't even care about his big reward and as you can tell from the sticker chart, he got over that idea rather quickly too and he would just go potty without needing any reward! AMAZING! He really does want to keep up with his brothers in any way possible and he definitely is when it comes to the toilet! So thank you Mikey for making this rather easy on your MOM!!

No comments:
Post a Comment