...GIRL!!!
I know what you are thinking! A girl??? Because I was almost positive that this little baby was another boy. I haven't felt different with this pregnancy and maybe deep down I was hoping that it was going to be a boy. Not because I don't want a girl....I will/would LOVE a girl! Besides getting over the fact that I may never have one after having four boys, I think deep down I was hoping and trying to relive my pregnancy with Luke, and that if this baby was a boy that it was going to be Luke again. I know this sounds weird and crazy, but somethings just make you want to go back in time. No baby will be able to replace my Luke, but we are very very very excited for this little girl to come to our family. She is going to be my sweet tender mercy because in all reality I don't know if I could emotionally have another boy right now and pull out all my boy stuff again and I honestly believe that the Lord knew that.
Doug is so excited for a girl too....I mean honestly, he should be right? He has four boys!:) She is going to have him wrapped around her finger the second she arrives, I just know it. And she is bound to be slightly spoiled....just slightly:). It's pretty inevitable...she is the first girl and the only one! I will try to keep my shopping hobby to a minimum. (yeah right:))
We made the technician check multiple times to make sure nothing was hiding and she was wide open and willing to show us that she wasn't a boy. Although, the pic kinda looks like it, I came home and compared her picture to Lukes ultrasound picture showing that he was a boy and they are COMPLETELY different. I mean....she's got nothing there and he had a lot there, so I felt better.:) I'm glad she wasn't being shy though because that would have given me second thoughts too.
Tanner knew we were having the ultrasound today and he wanted to go really bad. He went to Luke's ultrasound in Denver when we found out and he completely remembers that, so he didn't want to miss out. But since he had school I promised him that I wouldn't tell the other boys until he got home. By the time he got home from school though he had forgotten about the whole thing. I had gone to Wal-mart and tried to find anything and everything pink I could find. There wasn't a ton, but I found enough pink candy and junk to make it fun for the boys and J. Melis and I made Doug and Kyle take the boys and J on a bike ride while we set it all up and then when they walked in we told them that we were having a "Pink Party' and if they knew why!? They immediately knew it was a girl and they were all so excited and giddy!:) It's funny how they always have told me that they wanted a boy but with this pregnancy for some reason they have all wanted a girl! So I am grateful for them that we got one!:) No disappointment there!
Bring on the PINK!!!

5 comments:
That is SO wonderful! I'm not gonna lie... got kind of choked up when I read this! A little girl is just what you need! How great! Congrats!!! She is going to be so adorable-- and very spoiled! ;)
Sooooo exciting! Oh sar, a girl will melt you! I knew James would be toast but I didn't realize how whipped I would be! Something special about a baby girl :) love you guys!
I know I've already told you...but I'm so stinkin' excited for you guys! I am so happy about this tender mercy in your life and know that Luke is keeping his arms around his little sister nice and tight till she's ready to come into the world. Hope to see you guys sometime in the near future! xoxo.
yay, so excited for you guys! She will be so beautiful, like your other boys, of course!
So happy for you and excited!!!!! Your girl will be beautiful!
Post a Comment