Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Zoo

Today I put off packing ( just like I am doing right now while I am posting this...I'm sooo over it!) and we headed for the zoo with my friend Jen and her kids. It was the perfect day....sunny with a breeze. We got there and headed straight for the petting zoo. It was Mikey's first time and he was thrilled....it was also sweet baby Abby's first time and she was quite the opposite. This was the most she would do and that was even questionable!:)
Tanner showing Rell the ropes...
There were two Mommy goats and Jake kept asking if they were nice because they were quite large in size, but after convincing him they were he actually went and brushed them too.
Then we had a little picnic lunch and saw some animals...the orangutans were a hit. They were hilarious. And then we headed to the splash pad. I love this picture....it is my boys to a "T"....Mikey climbing, Jake being a goofball, and Tanner in his own world( I always wonder what he is thinking about)!

The water was a bit chilly so Mikey would come point to the towel and just want to be wrapped up until he dried off a bit and then he was at it again!
It was a great day! (Besides the fact that my battery died when we were leaving and we had to get a park ranger to jump me. I think one of the boys left a light on because they are always flipping switches and Doug and I always find something on...but that was just a little glitch...we were headed home in no time!)

No comments: