Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm having a problem...

With taking away Mikey's bottle. I don't know what my problem is! Both of my other boys were off the bottle and me at 12 months....and that was it. And we never looked back and it was never a problem! But here we are at 15 months and I am still giving in. I don't know what I am doing! I must be getting softer with age! ha! He only has a morning bottle and it is the first thing he looks for when he wakes up. I think deep down that it is because that is seriously the ONLY time all day long that he will sit on my lap and just be content. It may only be 10 minutes, but it is 10 minutes of him just relaxing that I love! He actually sat on my lap today and watched 15 minutes of a show and ate fishies! I couldn't believe it! I didn't want to move in fear that it would end and he was even supposed to be having a nap...but I didn't even care! I think I am a pushover.....I just have to end those morning bottles.....we will go straight to the oatmeal....and maybe just maybe he will eventually start to drink his milk from a sippy. But right now sippys=water and he won't drink it if it's milk. I know I am just rambling....this is mostly for me and for my sisters to tell me to get over it and take away the bottle because I know that is what they are all going to do!:)

5 comments:

Heather said...

he's still a baby. just give him the bottle. :) hehe just remember this is coming from me who only nurses my kids until the next one is ready to come out. HA so like I said just give him the bottle.

Erin said...

Get over it and get rid of the bottle. (: You already know my opinion.

jonathan said...

Melinda's a push-over too. I, on the other hand, am the most amazing authoritarian father I've ever known.

Emily said...

I say have it disappear in the move! It's already going to be a transition. Do it all at the same time. However, I would wait to potty train Jake once you get settled. :)

Polly said...

Andrew had his bottle forever - kept the peace and my sanity - they won't be in high school drinking a bottle! Enjoy your moments with him - time flies!