I was putting Mikey to bed the other night and Tanner busted in the room with a tupperware bowl in hand yelling "Mom! There's a squid in the kitchen!!"....usually I would have gotten upset with him because they know they are not supposed to come in Mikey's room while I am putting him to bed, but since he was so concerned and I had no idea what he was talking about, I grabbed Mikey and went to see what all the ruccus was all about. Sure enough we went into the kitchen and there it was....the squid...aka....the scorpion! Tanner was trying to catch it with his bowl, but was unsuccessful(thank goodness), so he came and got me! Because of the business Doug is in, the boys are well aware of what a scorpion is and they know that they can sting and make them really sick, so Jake was TERRIFIED!! I am talking, he climbed up on the highest part of the counter and reassured me that the scorpion couldn't get him up there! After talking it through with Chip, Melis smashed it with her shoe and flushed it. I don't know where he came from....ecspecially since it is winter and they usually are not out this time of year. But I am sure glad that Tanner saw it and didn't step on it!! And I don't know why he was calling it a squid...he has been mixing up some of his words lately and it is pretty funny!
7 comments:
SICK. My sister has found some in her bed before! yikes!!
oh my gosh! we might be moving your way and i am not looking forward those! eww! not to mention scary with the kids!
oh my heck. he is the cutest. my favorite is still what he said about the toy store. what a funny kid!
Total Guck! I would have totally freaked out!
yuck! That would freak me out. Tanner sounds like he has the sweetest/funniest personality. Your kids are adorable, Sarah!
I didn't tell you this but the night we got home from Las Vegas I found one in our kitchen. I hate those buggers.
HOLY BANANAS! That thing is digust. This is another reason to move back east. We have no such beasties around here. Miss you guys. xoxoxo
Post a Comment